Ice Cream

Author's Note: Just a little something for someone I met and became close within the fandom (yes, may naitulong naman na maganda yung fandom, haha). Abby, here's my birthday gift to you! Happy, happy, birthday. Alam mo na rin naman yun isa ko pang bati sa'yo. Hahaha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A young boy was running around the playground and playing tag with two other boys. He kept on laughing while running away from a kid who's a bit chubby. To avoid being tagged by the chubby kid, he decided to climb up a tree that he thinks will be easy to climb. Not minding that his shirt will get dirty and that his mother will probably scold him, he still climbed up. He kept on glancing downwards, trying to see where his playmates were. He was just enjoying the cool breeze up the tree and almost forgot he was playing with the other kids when he suddenly heard a noise – a noise he was familiar with. Someone was crying, or more like screaming – shrills that only a kid can produce. The kid in the tree slowly jumped down the tree and tried to trace where the crying was coming from. After a few seconds, he saw the origin of the screams and cries he heard – it was from a young girl sitting on the ground holding her knee. Sensing someone was around her, the girl looked up and then cried even louder which startled the young boy. Instinct, or whatever it was, the boy decided to help the girl.

"Owwwie," the young girl just said and pointed at her knee.

"What happened?" the young boy asked.

"I fell," the girl said and then lifted her hand so that the boy can see the scrapes.

"Wait for me here, okay," said the boy and then ran fast as he could to get his bag from where he left it.

"Hey! Let's go! Gotta go home," said the chubby kid from earlier.

"I'll go home by myself," said the lanky kid, picked up his bag and went back to the girl.

He picked up something in his bag while being aware of the girl's stare at him.

"What's that?" asked the girl.

"A band-aid, there, all better," said the boy after putting the band-aid at the scraped knee.

"Thwank you," the girl said quietly.

"I'm Vice," the boy introduced and held out his hand, just what his mother told him to do when he introduce himself.

"I'm Kawylle," said the girl and shook Vice's hand.

"Kawylle? With a 'w'?" asked Vice, a bit confused on the name.

"No! It's 'r'!" said Karylle.

"Well, you said Kawylle, with 'w'. Don't you know how to say your name yet?" asked Vice.

"It's hawd!" argued Karylle, obviously having a hard time with her 'r'.

Sensing that Karylle might cry if he continued his teasing, he stopped.

"Does it still hurt?" asked Vice and Karylle just nodded her head. Vice then kissed her scraped knee and smiled widely at the girl, who he noticed had a bit of pink hue in her face. Not knowing what it was, Vice let it be and just thought it was probably the heat from the sun.

"There, all better! Come on! There's an ice cream shop around!" said Vice, stood up and held his hand out to Karylle to take it.

"Ice cweam! I want! I want!" said Karylle and stood up with the help of Vice.

As she was about to walk, she shouted and almost fell down if it wasn't for Vice's hands guiding her.

"What's wrong?" asked Vice, a bit worried about her shout.