King Of My Heart

I'm perfectly fine, I live on my own
I made up on my mind, I'm better off being alone
We met a few weeks ago
Now you try on callin' me, baby, like tryin' on clothes

A woman with very curly hair and glasses just kept on staring the card she's holding. It's been a few minutes since a delivery guy dropped off a bouquet of flowers – sunflowers, to be exact – in her office. Alongside the said bouquet was a card, or more like an invitation for the upcoming ball of the year – the Viceral Ball 2019. Viceral, a name that gives so much power that everyone has the audacity to feel fear and bow down to that name.

"So, are you going?" asked someone beside the curly-haired woman.

"I still have no idea why he's pursuing me," said the woman.

"Oh, come on K. You caught his attention, simple as that," answered the person beside the curly-haired woman named K.

"I doubt that, Anne," said K.

"Well, you better answer him as soon as possible because sooner or later, your office won't have enough space with all these flowers he's been sending you," teased Anne.

"Just get back to work," said K to Anne.

It's been weeks since the accident of K. It wasn't really a life-threatening type of accident, it wasn't even an accident for K, it was more like a scare. But apparently it seemed like it was with the other person involved – that being JM Viceral. Yes, the same Viceral that's been sending K the invitation to attend the Viceral Ball 2019.

It all started when K woke up late one morning. She rushed her morning routine just so she won't be late that specific day.

.

.

[Flashback...]

"Darn it, I'm going to be late. Out of all days to wake up late, why now," said K.

She did her power walk despite wearing her high heels and tried to evade people walking around. K kept on looking back and forth on her watch and her phone because her subordinates are already looking for her. Without noticing that she was about to cross the pedestrian with a stop sign glaring. She just got back to reality when she heard a beep on her left side, and her mind just suddenly shut down and she can't seem to move. Fortunately, someone pulled her back just in time for the beeping truck to pass by.

"Are you trying to you get yourself killed?" asked the man who pulled her back.

"No, no, I just didn't notice it," said K, who seemed to be shaken up with what happened.

"You mind replacing the coffee I was about to drink," said the guy which made K look at him.

"Excuse me?" asked K.

"My coffee, I spilled it because I pulled you back. Also, speaking of that, I need you to take me shopping. You ruined my suit," added the guy.

"Thank you for saving me," started K.

"You know what, forget about the suit. By the looks of it, I don't think you can afford buying me a new one. For the coffee, I only drink pure brewed coffee from this 5-star restaurant, but again, I don't think you can buy that kind of coffee. I can do with just a coffee from wherever you get them. You can just call it as a date, if it's what you want," said the guy again.

K scoffed upon hearing what her so-called savior said.

"You know what, I was very thankful that you saved me but I will still say this to you. You're a fucking prick! Goodbye, Sir!" shouted K and then left the guy.