( chapter four )

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.
❝  CHAPTER FOUR!  ❞

          "IT'S A FUNNY STORY," Azalea started to laugh nervously before she went quiet

          "IT'S A FUNNY STORY," Azalea started to laugh nervously before she went quiet. Azalea never fully opened herself to anybody about her past life, not even Jett. She wasn't the best liar either, but nobody really asked about her before. Silence overtook them before Marcus sighed softly. He stepped forward causing Azalea to step backwards until he entered the threshold. His eyes roamed around the room, studying the situation at hand. He trailed his lanky fingers through his disheveled curly brown hair. Azalea exhaled before she shut the door quietly. "I don't like talking about it," She blurted, the words finally spilling out of her mouth. Marcus nodded slowly.

           "I get it, but Azalea this is important. You have someone writing blood on your wall." Marcus reminded with concern written all over his face.

            "If you really want to know," Azalea paused before grabbing the note she flung absentmindedly. She turned towards Marcus who's eyes kept wandering around the room. She handed the note and letter she received earlier today. Marcus' eyes flickered down to the pieces she was giving him. He took it and started to read until his mouth became ajar slightly. "Alejandro is my brother."

            "I... I was just kidding. I was just concerned. I got over confident... If you don't want to, you don't have to tell me." Marcus stuttered, afraid that she was sharing too much to a kid she barely knows.

            "It's fine," Azalea admitted firmly before shrugging lightly. Her gaze going astray. "Alejandro was nine at the time when my mother figured out that she was pregnant. That wasn't the plan, my parents told me honestly. However, they did still care for me. But that also meant they had two starving mouths to feed. We weren't the richest. Sooner or later, all of our money ran out causing my father to fall into his father's job which was in a local gang. The gang would sell drugs, steal cars, even make drugs, you name it. My mother did not want anything to do with it, but my father insisted. She fell into a depressive state and turned to drugs as an antidote. Little did she know, it sent her off into a deep end. Which led herself to eventually kill herself. When my father found out, he was absolutely grief stricken. He couldn't take the pain and torment that he was experiencing. So he took the easy way out. Leaving me with Alejandro." That's where Azalea stopped. 

            Her heart pounding against her chest. Marcus frowned before he started to object. However, Azalea continued with her story. "After my parents took their lives, something snapped in Alejandro. It was like he changed into a whole different person. He became violent while he became a substance abuser and an alcoholic which only fueled his rage. Every day, he would constantly torment me with the thought that I killed our parents. He did it for fun. He loved watching me cry for hours. And some of the times," Azalea paused, shuddering for a moment as she continued. "He would use me for his own personal reasons."