Chapter 5- Fireworks

AN: Thank you all for your patience! I would like to credit Scorpia11 for helping me fix the Mature Content part in this chapter, which I was stuck on for a few days. She definitely helped me bring it to life!

Tuesday, July 4th, 2006 06:12pm

Draco stood in the en-suite bathroom, staring at himself in the mirror with his head hanging low. He couldn't believe he yelled at Hermione only a few hours ago. He didn't mean to lose his temper but she was being so unreasonable and not thinking straight. He also couldn't contemplate why he wouldn't just tell her what he knew. Every time the words seemed like they would come, something held them back. He knew if just told her then she would understand why going home was dangerous.

The secrets were eating him up inside, tearing him apart, and ripping away at his soul. He was surprised he was even able to tell Hermione about his mother being out of Azkaban, but for some reason, he couldn't tell her that Harry also had no idea where she was at.

His mother never checked in with her Parole Auror after she was released like she was supposed to. She could be anywhere in England right now; plotting and planning just like Hermione assumed. And her assumptions were usually correct. Harry and his team tried looking everywhere they thought his mother might go, however luck was not on their side and they still haven't been able to track her down.

Draco hunched over the sink more and let out a deep sigh. Turning on the faucet, he splashed cold water onto his face and looked back up at the mirror. A fight raged on in his mind with a decision weighing heavily on his chest. He couldn't figure out which path would cause less harm; telling Hermione before they went out to dinner, possibly ruining her night, or if he should just wait until after, also possibly ruining her night. He knew he had to tell her soon, because he could no longer hold the information a secret anymore and he was afraid he was going to burst in the middle of a crowded room.

"Get it together Draco," He whispered to himself "just tell her now. She will understand."

"Understand what?" a voice asked gently; startling him out of his thoughts.

But once he realized it was just Hermione, he turned back around and hunched over the sink once more.

"You have an annoying habit of sneaking up on people, you know that?" He stated rolling his eyes and letting out a huff through his nose; trying to ignore the fact that she looked absolutely stunning in heels.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to. It just sort of, happens."

Looking at her through the mirror, he let out another deep sign and licked his lips.

"Hermione, I have to-"

"Draco, there is something-"

They both started at the same time.

"You go first." He mentioned as he turned around and rubbed the back of his neck.

"No, you go." Hermione stated nervously "I can wait."

Slumping his shoulders, Draco leaned back onto the sink and took in a deep breath.

"I am sorry for yelling at you earlier."

"It's okay, I-"

He held up a hand, stopping her short of forgiving him too early.

"Let me finish...Please."

Hermione moved to sit on the top of the toilet seat to the right of the sink and motioned for Draco to continue.

"I...I wasn't fully honest with you earlier." He began while putting his hands in his pockets and looked to the floor. "I shouldn't have yelled at you and I am sorry for that. But I had my reasons." He looked up and stared at the wall in front of him, refusing to look at her.