Chapter 11

Liana

"Are you still living in the hotel?" I asked.

"I am moving to an apartment soon."

"You found one?"

He give me a mysterious smile. "You will see."

"Sure?" I said confused.

We stood in the front balcony and looked at the drive way. It was empty and beautiful.

"You met the last owner?" I asked.

"Not personally." He said. "Just know they are a family and they moved to another city. Why?"

"I am curious about how they lived here? It is so beautiful."

He laughed. "You can find out too." His eyes twinkled and my eyes widened and I shake my head, No.

He did not say anything, but smile, a smile that holds a meaning behind it. "I think we should add a place for star gazing? What do you think?" He said looking at the afternoon bright sky.

"Will we even see stars here?" I asked looking up myself.

"One can hope." He said. "I think we should be."

"Then you can tell them."

It seem like he was mentally calculating something and nodded his head then taking my hand, he said, "Let's get out of here, we should roam Seattle."

"Like now?"

"Now is a good time. Do you have to do something?"

"I promised the child to meet him later today." I reminded him.

He stopped at his place and he looked at me, "I will get you there on time." He promised and I smiled.

When he meant to roam Seattle, it meant driving around and eating whatever foods we come across.

"Are we going to walk?" I said.

"Not yet." He grinned as he drove around the city.

"You like Seattle?" I asked him.

"More than liking." He tells me taking a glance at me. "You are here and I am starting a new project here. It's like a fresh start, a new opportunity."

"Would you have consider moving here, before?"

"I always thought New York City is my place, born and raised there." He shrugged. "I like comfy zone too, but I am open to opportunities."

I looked out of the road as we drove around Seattle. Oliver is ready to compromise and make things work, but what about me? I looked out to almost dark street. We went to a toy store upon my request, to get something for Liam. First, I thought of buying Liam a remote control car, but Oliver decided not only to get that one, but he also got him PlayStation VR set and Xbox. Oliver paid for all of them, in spite of me telling us to split it.

"I don't want you to treat me that way either, isn't it about sharing?" I said to him.

"I know baby, but just this once." He tell me and I was not in a mood to start a fight. We drove to the store and when we opened the door. I saw Liam running to me.

"He's been waiting since he came back from kindergarten." Nora said.

"Have you?" I said as I bend down to make eye contact with him. His blue eyes still hint of sadness.

"Hey." Oliver said as he showed him his presents. "From Liana and I."

Liam's eyes widened at the three wrapped gifts. Oliver put it out on the table for Liam and Liam looked at his grandma and us. His grandma looked concerned and said, "We cannot accept these."

"Don't worry." Oliver said. "It is just a small gift from us."

Nora looked hesitant, but I encouraged Liam to open the presents.

"What?" He said looking at the remote control car. "My friends have this.. I wanted one too!" He said so happy and excited that my heart felt warm.

When he unwrapped the other two, his mouth dropped opened. "Wow" he said looking at us. "This is so awesome. Grandma, look the VR set."

"These must be so expensive." Nora says.

"It's okay, just a gift from us to Liam." Oliver tried assuring her.

Liam was more than excited to play with that. "But you have to promise to also study and listen to grandma." I tell him.

"I promise." He said.

"Can we have some hot chocolates with home cookies?" I tell Nora and she was more than glad and took out order.

Oliver like always, pulled up some books to read while I spoke to Liam and asked him about his day, what he did today at kindergarten. He was more than happy to share it with me.

I looked at Oliver and he was still concentrating on the book and I smiled at how peaceful he look and the book must be interesting because there was a small smile on his face.

Liam asked again if we are meeting tomorrow and I grinned and said, if he wants. Tomorrow I am meeting with Stacy's cousin Caitlin. I still haven't told Oliver about me being Leanna. I am afraid of his reaction, I can trust him with my secrets, but I don't want his employees to know that I am the one who is behind.

Currently having two jobs can be stressful and adding the third one I am not sure what to do. I am working for Stacy at her Cafe even though she told me it is fine with her, if I want to leave, but her Cafe taught me so much and give me the opportunities to learn, while working secretly as a Comic artist online, getting paid is like a dream job, but when it comes to deadline of uploading and online people's pressure to upload more can be really stressful.

Looking at Oliver, I wonder how he can handle companies all by himself. He must be going through a lot of stress, but he seem to be hiding it well.

Oliver looked at my direction, catching me staring at him. I blushed while he smiled.

"Should I tell him the truth?" I looked at his eyes as I question myself.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this Chapter a Vote if you enjoyed reading and share it with other readers. Next update for this chapter will be tomorrow. Happy readings!