Chapter 1: First Day of School

(A/N)

Hey I decided to write an EXO fanfic! I decided to abandon my previous book as I have run out of ideas. but for this book, I have tons of them. I am not a good writer but I hope u would support! Kamsa! :) This chapter is boring but the next chapter is better than this! Pls read the next chapter. Thanks lots :)

Ling's POV:

Hi, call me Ling Ling. I am just a normal Chinese girl studying in Victoria Junior College. Been here in Singapore since I was born. Ok let's continue with the story.

"Ring..." the usual sound of my alarm clock rang. I snoozed it and went back to sleep,only to get a pillow slap from my mom. Groaning, I rubbed my head and lazily walked to bathroom. While doing my rountine slowly, I stared in the mirror. I looked ugly. With my messy hair and eyebags, I was just an eyesore. Even my fringe was all over my face. Pimples sprung out in every corner and I sighed.

I dried my face and walked out. Donning on my new school uniform, I felt okay. I was not someone with lots of confidence. The school uniform clung onto my skin like wrapping a dumpling. 'Must have gained weight again.' I thought in despair.

I bolted down the stairs with a bag on one arm and my laptop case on the other.

Mom passed me some egg mayo sandwich and I was off,boarding the public bus. Luckily, it wasn't that crowded. I found a seat and sat down. Taking out my iPhone 5, I listened to EXO,my favourite Kpop group. Growl started playing and I grooved my body to the beat.

Soon, I alighted at the familiar bus stop. I dragged my feet to the auditorium and had assembly. I stared at the many new faces and was scared. No one from my previous school came here. I was the only one. A girl warmly smiled at me and sat next to me. She had a thin curvy figure and was tall. Her face was flawless and beautiful. Her long brown hair was tied up in a ponytail. I smiled back as she introduced herself.

"Name's Jeong Ah. But you can call me Janice. What's yours?"

"Ahh.. I'm Ling Ling. But you can call me Ling."

We exchanged smiles and became friends instantly. We chatted about a lot of things like our favourite group to favourite food. Turns out she liked EXO too! Yay! Anyways, we walked to our new class.

A teacher came in and introduced herself as Ms Lee. We did our usual robotic like greeting. The worst thing is she wanted us to do self introduction. Yikes! Did I forgot to tell you how much I hate that? I had a fear of public speaking and to add on,I also had stage fright!

When it was my turn, my heart was thumping so vigorously. Janice saw my state and immediately squeezed my hand. I calmed down a bit and finished my self introduction. Janice did hers without fail. I stared at her in envy. Nevertheless, I thanked her for making me calm.

After the self intros, Ms Lee announced," So students, we have a 2 year scholarship to Korea this year and only 15 students can join. Lodging and food would be provided. Applications would be available today. The only criteria is to be able to achieve A for all ur subjects for the exam that we would give you. It tests your language skills Apply now. Application would end next week."

My eyes sparkled at the announcement. Janice looked quite excited too. South Korea was my dream location for a holiday and I didn't expect a good opportunity to come by. Janice and I agreed to apply today and study hard for the exam.We had lunch and continued with lessons. Time flew and it was the end of school.We applied and I bade goodbye to Janice,making my way back home.

If I could go to Korea, I may have a chance to audition and enjoy all the good food and scenery! I was so excited that I couldn't sleep. Today was a homework free day so I chatted with Janice until I fell asleep.

(A/N)

Very boring and crappy chapter. Things would happen next chapter. Look forward to it! :)

~Evelyn