Chapter 11: Not really bad after all

Ling's POV

The day had come when the devil arrived in the dormitory. I tried to sleep through the night but the thought of the scary manager kept me awake until the dead of night.

Xiumin had come in to check on me and realised I wasn't asleep. He strolled over and whispered, "What's keeping you awake, Ling?"

"Ah nothing. Just a little trouble sleeping." I replied.

He patted my head and pulled up my blanket. He said, "We'll be leaving now so Annyeong Ling. See you in a few week's time when you're better."

"Oh Annyeong oppa." I waved as I bade farewell to them.

So I'm alone in this dormitory now. I sighed and took a shut eye.

"WAKE UP YOU SLEEPY HEAD! WAKE UPPPPPPPPPPPPP" a thunderous voice shook me and exploded into my ears.

Bolting right up, I saw a devil in front of me. The manager. She wore a strict look and her clothes were stylish and chic. Her face was pale and clean, making her look younger.

She smirked and said, "Finally awake eh? Just to tell you that the doctor called me and said that you can finally move and do stuff. So get your butt off the bed and clean this filthy dorm!"

My eyes widened. Is she treating me like a maid or something? She continued, "Dont stare into space you little maid. Start cleaning. Oh by the way, my name is Soo Zee, nice to meet you."

"H-Hi Soo Zee, my name is Ling. And can I wash up first?" I asked.

She nodded her head and mouthed, "Only 5 minutes."

After that, Soo Zee strutted out of the room. I literally rushed through my whole morning routine and my hair was in a a messy bun. Although it felt good to be able to move around, Soo Zee made me dread it. A lot.

I literally ran out and saw the mess in the living room. Potato chip bags and sweet packets were strewn everywhere. Empty cans were stacked on the table. Stains decorated the sofa and tables.  And worst of all, there were unfinished and spoilt food that attracted flies.

I gasped. Soo Zee was casually making some coffee. She said, "Well, what are you waiting for? The trash ain't gonna disappear themselves. "

I nodded my head and started on cleaning. I began with clearing the trash into trash bags and set them aside. The unfinished food was the worst part to clear. I pinched my nose tightly and disposed the spoilt food into the bag.

After that, I started cleaning the tables and chairs that had stains. The sofa was the trickier part. I had to clean it with some baking soda and water before wiping off the stain. The floor was oily and dirty so I sweeped and mopped the floor.

Finishing my job, I was drenched in perspiration and every part of my body ached. My stomach growled for the umpteenth time and I was panting.

Soo Zee appeared beside me and handed me a towel. She said, "I was joking when I said you have to clean. I wanted to test you. Many fans would never had done what you did. There was a similar fan in the past who got close to the members like you. The members liked her presence and one member even fell in love with her. Turns out she wanted to get close to Sehun so that her parents would not get her to marry someone else. Sehun was the son of a rich man, other than Suho of course. Sehun had no interest in her. She tried to attract his attention but failed. One of the members confessed his love for her but she rejected it immediately. The members found out her motive and chased her out."

She continued, "Since then, they were quite wary with fans wanting to get close to them. But since you came along, they seemed to have broken that emotional barrier. It's a rare sight to see and I must say you would be a better friend than a fan. Sorry for causing any trouble to you. I'm more wary of fans than they are. But seeing your effort, I trust you."

Wiping my perspiration, I replied, "I'm so glad finally someone trusted me. Thank you."

I went into my room for a change of clothes and a cold shower. Coming out to the living room, a spread of food awaited me. Soo Zee smiled and said, "These are all for you."

Famished, I sat down and started wolfing down any food I can see. After finishing everything, I burped and patted my full stomach. Soo Zee laughed at the sight of me, "You know you have this tomboyish feel to you."

I nodded my head and wiped my mouth. The weeks passed smoothly and Soo Zee and I got closer. We would go grocery shopping together, eat together and sometimes take a walk to the park together.

The more I got to know Soo Zee, the more warmer she got. Her personality was actually very warm and caring. And she was very protective of people, giving me a sense of security.

On the last day under her care, I couldnt help but feel a bit reluctant to part from her. We became friends already. Soo Zee smiled at me and we ate breakfast.

She received a call and excused herself from the table. I continued eating until Soo Zee came back looking rather bothered.

I asked, "What's wrong?"

She gulped, "It seems that the CEO knew about you and he would like to meet you."

(A/N)
I think this is quite a short chapter. I apologize for being late again. It was my fault. I'm such a bad author. (´・_・') Look forward to the next chapter! :)
Thanks for 600+ reads!

~Evelyn