chapter 12

Dav and I didn't really get into it. After we made out I stopped cause I noticed that I was about to fuck him when he admitted to cheating.

"Stop Dav. I can't do this." I say as I get out off the bed. I get my roshe runs on and walk out the room.

"Where are you going?" Dav asks as he follows me.

"To take a walk. I need to think." I say. I grab my phone and my keys.

"Eboni don't do nothing stupid." He says with an attitude.

"Dav I don't cheat unlike you. The ways of the hoes got to you I see." I say then walk out. I walk down the street and feel like someone is watching me. I look behind me and see someone in all black walking behind me. I take to turns just to make sure and they do the same, the next turn I stay by the wall knee the person.

"Who are you?" I say and take off their hood.

"I was warning you that I'm gonna ruin your life. I already set me having sex with you to the whole school." Shiana says.

"I can't believe I actually called your snake ass a best friend." I say as I run back to Dav's house. When I get in Dav is sleeping. I can't believe what I'm about to do but I have to. I take two large suitcases out I throw all clothes and shoes and everything I have in there. I write two notes one for Dav's mom and one for him. I look at him bring my suitcases down and call a taxi.

"Where you headed ma'am?" He asks.

"The airport. Thank you." I say. After what felt like years I finally made it to the airport.

"Flight 19 to California leaves in 20 minutes." They say over the speaker. That's me, my time to go. I go to my gate and they started boarding already. I get on the plane and sit in my seat by the window then a handsome guy comes and sits next to me.

"Hey I'm Dwayne." He says introducing himself.

"I'm Eboni." I fake smile.

"Are you afraid?" He asks.

"Don't tell anyone but yeah I'm afraid of flying." I sigh.

"I got you Eboni." He says putting his hand on my leg. For the beginning of the flight we talked and talked and got to know each other. Then I got tired and cold so Dwayne told me to use him as a pillow and shared his blanket with me.

-

-

-

"Eb wake up. The flight is over." Dwayne says as he wakes me up.

"Oh thanks." I say.

"No problem. Where you headed?" He asks.

"I don't even know. I'm gonna try and find a apartment to start living in." I say stretching.

"I know this is weird since we just met and everything but you can stay with me." He flashes a smile.

"It depends." I say.

"On?" He asks.

"Are you a killer? Rapist? Psychotic?" I ask.

"No. No. And only in bed." He winks.

• Dav's POV •

I wake up and see I have a notification on my phone. It's a video of Eboni getting raped by Shiana. Shit. I sit up and see Eboni isn't by my side. Then I look again and see a letter it's from Ebonique.

Dear Dav,

By the time you read this I'm already gone. Please don't look for me. Shiana sent that video out and I'm don't want to be around so people can call me out and pick on me. I know we had a small argument before I left but know you're still my best friend and I love you. I'll visit you someday, I promise my number will be the same always so call me when you need me. But for now, bye.

Eboni

"FUCK!" I yell. She left now I have no one, Eboni was the only best friend I had.

» Eboni's POV «

Dwayne convinced me to stay with him so tomorrow he can show me around.

"So you'll sleep in here and my room is across the hall." He says putting my bags down.

"Thank you so much." I tell him.

"Don't thank me. You can make up to me if you go on a date with me tonight." He smiles.

"Okay." I smile back.

"Alright you get settled in and be ready by 8." I nod.

"Okay."