•Ten•

Richie was sitting in his room, crying. His father had just beaten him, badly this time.

Eddie crawled into his room and took Richie into his arms.

"Shhh...it'll be okay.." Eddie kissed his cheek.

Richie wiped his tears and looked up at Eddie, he kissed his lips.

The door handle jiggled, but the two boys were too busy to notice.

The door burst open, Wentworth dropped his beer bottle onto the ground once he saw the scene in front of him.

"What the fuck!" He yelled.

Richie jumped, pulling away from Eddie. His heart dropped. He knew he was in trouble.

"You fucking faggots! Richard! What the hell did I tell you?!" He ran to Richie and started kicking him, Eddie watched in horror.

"Stop it!" Eddie screamed, tears streaming down from his face.

"What'd you say fag?!"

"Stop! Your hurting him!" Eddie ran to Wentworth and tried to push him away, but he slapped Eddie away, sending him flying to the ground.

"Eds!" Richie crawled to Eddie. He clenched his fists and stood up.

"Don't touch him!" Richie screamed. Even though his sides hurt like hell when he stood, he threw a punch at Wentworth.

"Don't fucking touch him!" He punched his face again, sending drunk Wentworth to fall backwards.

"Faggot!" Wentworth stood up, pulling a gun from his waistband.

"Your a piece of shit! I don't know why your mother didn't just get an abortion when she got pregnant with you!" He raised the gun, stumbling on his feet.

Eddie stood up.

"No.." He was full on crying now.

"Eds...stay back!"

Wentworth aimed the gun at Eddie.

"Well then, it looks like I'm gonna have to kill your faggot ass boyfriend. Say goodbye Kaspbrak!"

Then, he pulled the trigger, Eddie stood there in shock, frozen in fear. Richie quickly pushed Eddie away and got in front of him. The bullet hit his chest. He fell to the ground.

Wentworth heard sirens outside. Eddie had called 911 earlier, when he was in the corner, watching Richie get beat.

"Oh fuck!" Wentworth ran out of Richie's room and ran.

"RICHIE!" Eddie screamed, kneeling besides his best friend, his boyfriend.

Richie smiled at Eddie weakly, tears streaming down from his eyes.

"Hey E-eds.." He coughed.

"You'll be okay Richie, you gotta be okay." Eddie's hands shook as he lifted Richie onto his lap, moving his curly hair out of his face.

"L-looks like I-I was t-too weak.." Richie stuttered.

"N-no. You'll survive. I know it. Your strong.."

"H-hey...we were...we were supposed to get out of this town, and go to New York. Remember? You promised me we'd get out of here, together." Eddie's vision went blurry with tears.

"I-I'm sorry.." Richie whispered, his eyes growing heavy.

"N-no...please don't leave me...I love you Richie Tozier.."

"I-I love you t-too...Eddie K-kaspbra...." Richie's eyes closed and his breathing slowed until it finally stopped.

"NO! PLEASE! RICHIE!" Eddie pounded his fists on the ground, crying into Richie's bloody shirt.

An officer walked into the room.

Eddie looked up.

"Please, you've got to help him!" Eddie yelled. The officer talked into his Walkie- talkie.

"Come on kid, let's get you out of here." The officer helped Eddie up and brought him outside, where he cried uncontrollably, not answering any of the officer's questions.

An ambulance came, Richie's dead body was in a black bag, being put into the truck.

Eddie sobbed even more.

Richie Tozier was gone. He was Eddie's firsts. First friend, first kiss, and first love. But Eddie was Richie's lasts. Last kiss, last words, last love.

Love is a jumble of broken promises.

• • •

It'd been a week since Richie's death. Eddie refused to talk to anyone, he refused to eat, he refused to do anything at all. His heart hurt too much, everything reminded him of the tall curly headed boy that he loved, who was now dead, his stiff lifeless body laying in a grave yard.

Eddie would lay awake at night, crying until he couldn't cry anymore, thinking until thinking became too painful.

He would whisper Richie's name over and over again, blaming himself for his death.

Wentworth had gotten arrested, he didn't make it out of the house on time. He got charged for abuse and murder.

Maggie had come home from her business trip in New Jersey early. She blamed herself for not caring enough and not being there.

The losers were all broken souled. Richie was the one who brought out the best in them, made them laugh until their stomachs hurt, smile until they couldn't smile anymore.

They tried to call Eddie, visit him, but he would lock himself in his room and stare at a wall.

Maggie came over one day.

"Eddie...I know how much you two loved each other. I'm sorry about his father...I know you don't want me standing here telling you all this, but I found a letter addressed to you in Richie's dresser...read it when your ready..." Maggie slid the envelope under Eddie's door and left.

Eddie didn't check the letter. He left it there on the ground and continued to stare at his wall.

Without Richie. Eddie was broken. Empty. Alone.

He was drowning

In the cold painful ocean of hurt.

• • •

End Of Chapter Ten

(A/n: I cried while writing this. Also, let's pretend that Wentworth is Richie's step father, cause honestly, no real father would shoot their son.)