Chapter 6:You did what?

'Why did you run off like that?' The feeble excuse for a man asked me. Then he smirked. 'And you know he's going to hold that against you.'

'Hold what against me?' I snapped taking a pack of skittles out of my cupboard and popping it open.

'You cried.' He tried not to laugh.

'I did not cry' I remember him explaining that when your eyes rained it was known as crying. So when I say people are raining. You know what I mean. 'And even if I did. He wasn't there to witness it.'

But he can find out."' He pushed.

I was over at his side in an instant. After picking him up by his shirt, and holding him against the fridge I spat 'If he finds out, you will experience pain in a way that you have never imagined. Is that clear?'

He nodded and I dropped him, and so what if he landed on his ass, he deserved it.

'So what are you planning on now?' He asked. I linked into his brain and found out that he was scared beyond belief, to my surprise. Making him scared is fun.

'Never seeing you again.' I said popping a red skittle into my mouth. Yum.

'But if you two were to, well you know..'

'Hold the phone!' I screamed at him. 'I am not seeing him again, let alone re-populating our kind with him. You can forget that you son a a b-'

'I'm just saying, Tara,' He interrupted my impolite word 'that you and him could really do the Im.possible's a favour.'

'Get out.' I snapped adding yet another skittle to my mouth.

'I can't.'

'Drop off the side of the mountain for all I care little bug.' I scolded him in my harsh tone.

'But I want to help you.' He pleaded.

'But I don't care!' I said imitating him.

'Just listen to me.' He caught my eyes and held them. When he was sure I could be listening, he continued. 'With a few simple tests I could determine when you were born.'

'I don't want to know.' I snapped. What did it matter to me, knowing I was more than a century in age made me feel worse about how long I haven't known my parents.

'But if we knew your age, we could also use that along with some harmless DNA tests, resulting in you possibly finding out more about your parents.'

And it hit me. He could be onto something here. Maybe I should do it.

'What kind of tests are we talking about here?' I asked, shoving the now empty skittles packet into the bin. What? I got hungry.

'It may include wires, memory examinations and a few DNA formation tests.' He paused, thinking for a while. 'And some other tests. It sounds scary, but it will be worth it in the long run.'

'Are you sure?' I asked, feeling nervous for the first time in ages.

'It should work out fine.' I nodded, I would do anything it takes to find out more about my puzzled past. All I needed was to track down those missing jigsaw pieces that I needed to complete it.

                                                                              ***

We entered a laboratory near where I had first saw the swattable annoying little person. It was filled with test tubes, unidentified liquids and harmful chemicals. Also as you'd expect, most of the stuff in there was white.

'What the hell?' I said looking at a weird wasp locked in a container. By now it had gone slightly crazy. But with my devious thoughts I closed my eyes and began to think of it and only it.