Chapter 8: Just Tell Me Where.

What, did you think I was dead?

Ha! Don't be stupid! I can't die. I just came down here for some fresh air. I was thinking that hopefully he would fade away, like the vapour clouds I watch from my window every evening as they dissolve into dark sky.

But unfortunately he jumped after me. 

'what do you want from me?' I said, as I began the steep task of climbing back up the mountain.

'You.' That was creepy. But he wasn't finished. Phew. 'To stop being a baby, and go back to Jordan.'

'No.' I quickened my pace.

'Why not?' He puffed as he climbed. Someone's unfit.

'He needs his science time.' I said, remembering how he had sent me away back in the lab.

'Oh. I've heard that one before.' He said chuckling to himself.

'Mmhm. Now leave me alone.'

'Nah.' He said in an annoying voice.

I growled and sped up the mountain at full pace. Only to meet him at my door. Which he let himself into. Arghh!

'Get out!' I yelled, getting more annoyed by the second.

'Not until you go and see him.'

'No.' I frowned and walked towards the settee.

'I'll kiss you.' He teased.

'Fine then.' I said through gritted teeth. Feeling sick and very angry, I turned towards him.

He took two strides towards me. 'Fine!' I shouted 'I'll go.' And I heard his laughter as I burst through the door and into the sky.

I landed back on the floor in the lab, through the hole I had made earlier. I crossed my arms as Jordan looked up from the aray of papers that were sprawled across his desk. 

'Tara?' He took of his glasses. 'Why are you back?'

'Science time's making me bored.' I said and I stepped towards him. 'Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?'

He sat for a long time, lost in thoughts and buried in memories of faces of people I did not know. Then his brain wondered through the science department and picked up a thought. 
And then he was dialing numbers on the telephone, and speaking in hushed voices to someone on the other end. To bad for him, he forgets I can hear everything. It went a little something like this:

Jordan: Hello?
Mystery Person: You?
Jordan: I need your help again.
Mystery Person: Sighs
Jordan: I'm serious
Mystery Person: You've done it again?
Jordan: Yes.
Mystery Person: Send her over
Jordan: How do you-
Mystery Person: Don't even try it Jordan. You know what I am.
Jordan: Of course, but-
Mystery Person: No more Jordan. You, as a scientist, make too many mistakes. You have ruined life upon life. You may have got these things back. But my dear, it does damage.
Jordan: I know.
Mystery Person: But do you?
Jordan: Well I...
Mystery Person: Well you what? You feeble little man.
Jordan: I. Well... What do I need this time?
Mystery Person: What is her use?
Jordan: Shape shifting.
Mystery Person: Gasps. You must send her to me to collect it.
Jordan: Why?
Mystery Person: I need... She trailed off.
Jordan: What?
Mystery Person: Never mind it. But send her to collect the stuff. But she must not open the bag. Under any circumstances.
Jordan: Why?
Mystery Person: No more questions!
Jordan: OK I will send her. Don't be so uptight.
Mystery Person: Don't get on my nerves boy.
Jordan: I won't, don't worry.
Mystery Person: You already have! She screamed.
Jordan: OK. She's on her way.
Mystery Person: Good. And she slammed the phone down.

I tapped my foot on the ground and looked at the clock. He went to open his mouth but I interrupted. 'I know what I'm doing, just tell me where.'