01

ONE 🧬

ONE
🧬

30 JUNE 2058, 9:16 AM

Doyoung ran down the street, almost bumping into everyone who was enjoying their day peacefully.

He scolded himself for going to bed late again. It's not like he changed his sleep schedule any different though.

But it was his first time over-sleeping and he couldn't forgive himself especially when he was the class president.

It wasn't as if he wanted to be class president though. He would have loved someone else to have taken up the position, especially when he was actually much more sloppy compared to the strong image he set for himself.

But still, you wouldn't miss a brand new episode of your favourite drama that had to air at 2 AM, out of all times!

He burst through the glass doors of the laboratory which echoed through the awfully quiet lab.

It was embarrassing to have all eyes on him but it was the last thing he cared about when he felt like he was going to pass out.

His hands dropped onto his knees, still trying to catch his breath. It wasn't a long run but for someone who stayed in almost everyday, it was a marathon.

His books and papers slipped out of his arms causing another mess that made the students look at him,

His cheeks were redder then before quickly scrambling to pick up his books before he could make a bigger fool out of himself.

"You need a little help there?" Doyoung looked up to see Johnny, a professor at the university he studied in.

Doyoung couldn't reject Johnny's help even if he wanted to. He was already helping the younger to pick his papers up,

"Thank you, Mr. Seo.." Doyoung thanked quietly, composing himself after he had picked up his books.

"Are you going to tell me why you're late?" Johnny asked, passing the papers to his student.

Doyoung gulped, he couldn't come up with an acceptable excuse. Although, he didn't feel nervous around Johnny. He was the nicest teacher around,

He had just stand there long enough for Johnny to simply forget about it to stop wasting time.

"I'll take that as a no but don't do it again, we'll discuss this later. Anyways, let's get going," Johnny dismissed the subject and walked towards the lab,