CHAPTER: 3

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴇᴇ ɪɴ ᴍᴇ?

**********

D A I S Y ▪ PO V

Another long and tiring day in college, I had a shift at work and was in charge of closing the cafe but I wasn't alone and had another employee with me. 

"Daisy, go on put these in the trash and take it out in the back please." Miranda who was the other employee helping me close the cafe said. I grabbed two trash bags and head to the back to throw, it was cold, silent and dark. While scanning the parking lot I see two people walking, it was Professor Adams and Mr. Reed. I see them saying their goodbyes and Professor Adams walking away. Mr. Reed then gets inside his car and drives away.

Good thing he didn't catch me staring at me, he would have thought I was some stalker I thought to myself. I get out of thought and went back inside the cafe seeing Miranda cleaning the tables. "Two more tables, after that we can lock up..." she informs as I grab the table cleaner and rug helping her clean the last two tables. "You don't have work tomorrow, by the way, it's a Friday too... So you get to relax more" Miranda tells me with a bright smile.

I give her a faint smile back and continued cleaning, although I was happy that I didn't have to work anymore and I had more time to relax. I kinda felt disappointed that I would not have a small chance that Mr. Reed would stop by at the cafe... Come on, Daisy... He is a 32-year-old man who is not only too old for you but way out of your league. He would never go after a girl like me. A guy like Henry wants a woman who knows how to treat a man... Heck, I haven't even had my first boyfriend let alone my first kiss... Not even a guy like Nathaniel would want me... 

"Who was the hot one that was talking to you earlier this morning?" Miranda says breaking putting me back to earth. "Huh?" I said in a dumb tone as she chuckles and looks at me. "You know~ The guy in the suit... Is he your boyfriend or something?" She asks with a smile. I looked shocked and had wide eyes "What?!... No!... No, he is just a friend of Professor Adams..." I answered looking down.

"Wait... How old is he?!" She asks in such a shocking way "From what I have seen in websites... He is currently 32 years old" I answered while looking at her shocking face. "Oh, my go-... He looks like he is in his mid-20s or something... What does he eat?" She asks putting the cleaning supplies away "Yeah, uh he did some lecture in one of my classes... So he was kinda giving me some advice..." I said shyly slightly blushing. 

"Wait... THAT'S HIM?...." Miranda asks looking more shocked than before "The famous Mr. Reed that everyone in this school is talking about right now... Oh wow..." She says laughing. Jesus didn't think Henry already made a reputation out of himself, and all he did was talk about his career. The impact he has done to this school... And to me.

We locked up the cafe and said our goodbyes, I was walking to my car when I heard someone call out my name. "Ms. Clayton!" Professor Adams yells out running up to me. I walked up to him "Professor Adams!... Is there something wrong?" I ask. "Oh no problem, but great news for you Ms. Clayton... Since you have no class with me tomorrow I decided it would be good to tell you now instead of waiting for Monday." He explains as I give him all my attention and was curious to what was the 'great news'.

"Are you looking for an internship?" Professor Adams ask with a smile "Oh my gosh... What is the internship?" I ask with excitement. "Well, basically you will be apart of a business company and for a while, you will be the new assistant of the boss of that company. Now, while the boss will teach you everything about the industry so that maybe one day... You will be able to take a full-time job there..." He explains. "Oh my gosh, Professor Adams... I don't know what to say, it such a big offer..." I said, "Take it, Ms. Clayton, you are a hardworking college student who deserves these types of opportunities..." He says.