CHAPTER: 16

"You can run with a lie. But you can't hide from the truth, it will catch you."

********

D A I S Y  P O V

It has been 3 months, everything seemed fine. I was doing well with school, my work has been working a long project that will finally finish, most of all, Henry and I are happy. Henry has been having less stress since the project has been going well and no more complications are occurring.

Wednesday morning, I take a look at myself in the mirror one last time.

I head downstairs and go to the kitchen, scanning around if my Uncle was anywhere in sight

I head downstairs and go to the kitchen, scanning around if my Uncle was anywhere in sight. Quickly, I grab a glass of water and take my birth control pills, then made sure the pills were well hidden in my handbag. Henry and I have been sexually active ever since I lost my virginity, although I enjoy the pleasure and don't mind us having sex, I am cautious.

Especially after us having sex in the car and we didn't have a condom prepared, yet, we did it. Even though he pulled out before coming, there was still a high chance of me getting pregnant. We both talked about it afterward, kids and marriage, we both feel the same way. That we're not ready for that commitment, not yet.

"Morning!" Uncle Danny greets entering the kitchen, I gave a small smile in return. "Hey, I'll be hanging out with Katherine and might come home late," I informed him. "You sure it's Katherine?" he asks as he sips his coffee and I form a confused look. "Daisy I know I'm old, but I was once your age..." I started to understand what he was trying to say to me.

He knows...

"When your mom was a teenager, she made the same excuses, that she was hanging out with her friends. Until one day your grandpa saw her making out with your dad." he chuckles and I give a disgusting expression. "Uncle Danny, that's gross!" I whined and pushed him a little from the arm. "I'm just saying, that you don't have to hide that stuff from me. You're a beautiful girl, and I am sure there are men out there who think the same," he explains as I look down in guilt.

"So... You know?" I ask knowing well he does, Uncle Danny nods his head and smiles. "There was also a video in the security camera," he says as I widen my eyes. "You came out in your pajamas and a man in a suit was waiting for you. You're lucky I couldn't see his face, the camera didn't catch it since it was all the way in the corner," he said as I felt this relief off my chest.

"From his attire, it seems that he is from your work?" he asks and I nod my head as he takes a sip of his coffee once more then placed it down. "I'm not going to invade anything, you know what is wrong and right. But if something gets serious, don't be afraid to introduce him to me, okay?" he says looking at me straight in the eyes and I nod with understanding.

Throughout the day I have just been out of thought, I couldn't focus because of what Uncle Danny said. How will I be able to introduce him, my 32-year-old boyfriend? I felt two large hands touch my waist and its arms wrap me, looking behind me, it was Henry. "You okay? I haven't seen you blink once." he joked chuckling and feeling his hot breath on my ear.