CHAPTER: 9

"I'm afraid to find out what happens when I take the risk..."

**********

D A I S Y  P O V

I wake from the birds constant twittering and see Henry nowhere to be found. As I scan around the living room, I hear sizzling from the kitchen. I get up and walk over to the kitchen to see that Henry is cooking breakfast. I stare at his back as he was cutting up some onions, I slowly walk up behind him and give him a hug 'good morning.'

"Morning to you too!" He says with a chuckle as he continues to cut onions. "Need help with cooking?" I ask while hugging him from behind. "It's fine, I'm almost done anyways," He says with a smile as I grab plates and utensils for the both of us. After Henry and I had breakfast, we both got ready to go to the mall together and just shop around. I was excited to go out with Henry but nervous at the same time, this was the first time we were going to be out in public as a couple. I'm too much of a coward to face the negative reactions that were to come to us.

 I'm too much of a coward to face the negative reactions that were to come to us

"Daisy, you know I have money right?"Henry asks sarcastically as he drives. "I know, but I have money as well, I can buy my own clothes," I reply rubbing his hand assuring him that he doesn't need to use his money for me. "Alright, but just let me know if-" He says but was interrupted by me "I'll be fine!" I say chuckling.

We finally arrive at the mall and once we got out of the car, Henry lets out his hand for me to hold. As we were walking to stores, I couldn't help but feel like all eyes were on us, the confusion stares all targeted at me. All the stares distracted me from listening to what Henry was talking about, instead, I heard what some people were 'whispering.'

"Is that her father?"

"Isn't she too young?"

"She looks a little too young for him..."

"I bet the reason why they're together is because of the money he makes..."

I felt like walls were started to close on me, I didn't feel Henry's presence. My chest was getting heavier and I felt as if I was having some type of panic attack, I'm not a person who likes being in the spotlight, especially for the negative reasons. I was so out of it that I don't even realize that I was gripping onto Henry's hand too hard.

"Daisy?" Henry asks as he waves his other hand in front of me and I finally snap out of it. "Huh?" I ask in clueless thought. "Were you listening to me?" He asks as he chuckles at me for my stupidity "Sorry, I was dozing off for a moment, can you please repeat what you said?" I reply.

"This week is going to be very busy for me, with all the meeting before going on my business trip. Meaning I won't be able to spend a lot of time with you, but it should be enough since I am staying over at your place." He repeats as he gives me a closed teeth smile. "Yeah..." I reply softly while looking down. "You alright?" He asks as he looks down at me "Yeah, it's just... I'll miss you." I respond.