~Chapter 28~

Sally walked home with Larry, both of them were strangely silent and it was making Sally uncomfortable. He had been thinking about the kiss with Larry since it had happened.
Sally swallowed his pride and asked the question that had been on his mind, "Larry, what are we?"
"What?" Larry went pale and he gulped.
"You know..." Sally looked at his feet.
Larry cleared his throat, "I don't know, Sal, things have been weird between us haven't they? I just don't know how to talk about this without seeming awkward, that's why I never said anything earlier."
"I know, I was thinking about it for a while... What happened at my house."
"Yeah."
"Just tell me what I want to hear, Larry." Sally felt his face heat up and his eyes watered.
Larry thought for a second before speaking, "okay then Sally, would you like to be my boyfriend?"
Sally smiled, "it's about time, of course, I do."
..*..
The pair reached the apartments and Larry invited Sally over to his house to hang out for a while, Lisa wasn't coming home from work until late.
"We should go out somewhere," Sally blushed.
"Like, on a date?"
Sally still wondered how Larry could always be so confident in what he wanted.
"I guess so."
"Okay, then we can go at the weekend, and I think Neils having another party, were invited if you want to go."
"Sounds nice, Neils living his best life," Sally sighed.
Larry nodded and chuckled.
"I'm not drinking anything, that hangover was definitely not worth it," Sally shook his head, remembering the pain that he was in.
"But you have more fun when your drunk," Larry winked at him, earning a glare from Sally, "I'm just messing with you, Sal."
Sally shoved Larry's shoulder gently and snickered.