0 . 1 6

| R I G H T N E X T T O Y O U |
+
0 . 1 6

     Betty Lee gripped onto Joseph's hand with might, while the two made their way into Spanish

     Betty Lee gripped onto Joseph's hand with might, while the two made their way into Spanish. At the mere sight of the two, aw's and oh's were thrown around, as Betty Lee grinned and held onto Joseph even tighter.

     "You two are too cute." Mrs. Jamison cooed, while Lark scoffed aloud at the two.

     Joseph heard this, and sent a look his way. Though, this was warning sort of look was ignored, Lark quieter himself. But even then, Marilyn Montgomery heard this.

     "Do you have a problem, Freak?" Her insult was directed toward Lark, though—she had Joseph wincing, and turning his back to the heated conversation.

     "It's fine, Mary—"

     "No, it's not. Just because Andy Philips left him out in the dirt for Madison Short, doesn't mean he gets to be a jerk!" Lark was stunned, the embarrassment echoing throughout the now silent classroom. And only two desks away, sat Andy Philips himself.

     Lark hadn't spoken to him since their falling out—if their situation would even qualify as a such. The two made eye contact, and almost immediately, Lark looked downward.

     "Alright, everyone. That's enough. Joseph, Betty, and Mary, take your seats."

     Once the lesson began, Lark leaned onto his palm, his elbow holding him up on the desk. Joseph watched him from beside Betty Lee. But when noticing Andy Philips also watching him, his posture began to straighten.

     Andy raised a hand, catching Mrs. Jamison attention. "Mrs, may I use the restroom?"

     "Yes, you may."

     Andy stood, a singly note in hand. He took a stride out of the classroom beside Lark's desk, sliding the note in between Lark's fingers.

     Lark frowned, trying to catch Andy's gaze—but sighing to himself when realizing he wouldn't be able to.

Meet me in the northern
restrooms. We need to talk.
— Andy P

     Andy stilled. Was it really a good idea to go to the northern restrooms, and most likely be fed an earful of Andy's useless apologies. It wasn't worth it. Andy had hurt Lark. And was that something that should be so easily forgiven?

     Lark looked over to Joseph, holding the boy in his fingers. Joseph's jaw was clenched, his hand clenching Betty Lee's.

     Then, he raised his hand, heartbeat fastening by the mere second. "Mrs. Jamison—may I use the restroom?"