Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven:

Lunch time finally rolled around and I was starving. We decided on going to a small Italian restaurant across from Dallas' office so he wouldn't be far from the office once lunch was over.

Tatum, Hayden, and I walked in to see Dallas already there looking as dapper as ever in his navy blue suit.

"Daddy!" Hayden exclaimed when he saw Dallas and reached out for him.

"Hey buddy." Dallas greeted and picked him up out of the stroller holding him against his chest. Before I knew it, Dallas pulled me to his side with his free arm and kissed my forehead.

"How's your day been Paisley?"

"It's been good. We went to you store earlier today and Tatum bought Hayden a new truck." I informed him with a smile.

"You're best friend is doing fine, by the way Dallas."Tatum says sarcastically and tells the hostess we needed a table for three with a high-chair.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Dallas' POV:

There was definitely an ulterior motive for Tatum skipping a full day of work to hang out with Paisley and Hayden. He hasn't missed a work day in over a couple years. Was he that into Paisley?

We followed the hostess to our table and I still had Hayden in my arms pulling at my ear and hair. "Ow, buddy, that hurts." I tell him and rub my nose against his making him giggle. Butterfly kisses were my favorite.

I took a seat next to Paisley before Tatum could with a sly smirk on my face and set Hayden down in the high-chair next to me.

"Do you want to switch seats Dallas?" Paisley asks me with a small smile etched across her light pink lips. God, she's beautiful.

"No, Paisley, I think I can handle him." I tell her with an amused smile as I drape my arm over the back of her chair rubbing my hand over her shoulder.

"So, Tatum, why'd you skip work today?" I ask with a smirk on my face knowing he was caught with my question.

"Well, it wasn't a busy day today so I decided to take off and hang out with my two favorite people, Paisley and Hayden." He answers with a determined look on his face.

Dallas nodded his head deciding to let him get away with it. He turned to Paisley and said,"You can just come back to the office with me, the rest of my day isn't busy so we can go home after that. "

"Are you sure? Hayden and I can just walk back home, we don't want to bother you at work." She asks apprehensively. Why would anyone leave a girl like her?

"Yes, I'm positive, Paisley. I do enjoy yours and Hayden's company." I honestly state and pick up a crayon and begin coloring the other half of the picture with Hayden.

After a half hour or so our food finally arrived and I fed some of my food to Hayden as did Paisley from her plate. It was very delicious, but Tatum was ruining my time with Paisley. He kept cracking jokes making her laugh and giggle at his stupidity. Asswipe.

"Another!" Hayden said with a mouthful already and I chuckled about to feed him another when Paisley stopped me.

"Daddy won't give you any until you finish chewing up what's already in your mouth." She said strictly and gave me glare at my action of about to feed him again. Don't look at me like that, I was just doing what he wanted me to!

After lunch was finished, Tatum came over hugging Paisley and kissing her on the cheek which I thought was too much and Hayden on the forehead. He was definitely getting a bath tonight. I payed the bill as Paisley put Hayden back into the stroller and picked up the diaper bag.

"Daddy push!" Hayden exclaimed and Paisley smiled apologetically at me and I smiled back at her and pushed Hayden out of the restaurant with Paisley beside me.

Finally, some alone time.

~*~*~*~*~

Sorry it's so short! School has been awful this week, but I'm learning to drive!!! Thanks so much for all the comments, votes, and reads!

Love, Lauren