Chapter 14

The boys chewed happily on their kimbap and explained Minji our story on why we actually ended up here because we clearly weren't from here. I remained silent, eyeing Minji still suspicious until I decided to give her a chance to prove that she's just a nice old women.

Freshly showerd and with dried hair I sat in front of the bookshelf in the living room and grabed a book called 64. After reading the blurb and finding out that it's originally a Japanese thriller about a kidnapped seven year old girl that was, even though her parents did everything the kidnapper wanted, found dead in the end. Her case goes still open in the achieve as file 64 and gets coiled again 14 years later.

Interested I eyed the book in my hands and decided to give it a try. Even though I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to read a book about a kidnapped and killed girl when I still expected Minji to come around the corner with a knife to kill me any second.

"Do you think that book is a good idea if you think I could kill you every moment?" A voice asked and I squeaked in shock and dropped the book in my hands.

Minjis laughter filled the room and I picked up the book, embarrassed over how easily I could get startled. Clinging onto the book I eyed her, figuring out how she knew what I was thinking the whole time.

"You're easy to read. Especially for someone that studied psychology." She explained and I felt a ton of bricks falling from my shoulders.

"Well then I think I've nothing to worry about while reading the book." I smiled and sat down on the couch. 

Minji nooded amused and went back in the kitchen while I made myself comfy with the book.

I was already a third through the book as Minji sat beside me. Curious I looked over the rim at her and met her two coloured eyes behind her cateye glasses. Under her right eye, which was grey instead of brown like her left eye, she had a scar. Maybe from a knife cut or anything. But nonetheless she was still beautiful. Regardless of her age.

"Minji can I ask you something?" I asked and put the book down on the coffee table.

"You already did but sure go on." She said jokingly.

"When I hesitated to come inside there was one of your neighbours at his window and shook his head while looking at us. It was as if he would have told me not to go inside." I explained and noticed that it wasn't even a question so I quickly added one. "But why did he do that?"

"Well some of them know my past and it wasn't a nice one in the eyes of society. For my friends and me there couldn't have been anything better." She smiled while thinking back, making me curious. "Good old times."