t w e n t y • o n e

taehyung had just settled into bed, finally feeling like he could rest his head.

that peacefulness was short lived when a tap came from tae's window. he did the normal human thing of ignoring it the first time, but as it became raps instead of a singular tap, he had to check it out.

he had thought big rain drops were pattering against his windowsill (since the forecast predicted rain), but when he pulled back his blinds, it was definitely not rain—it was a man.

now, that sounds creepy—it wasn't just any man, it was jungkook.

as soon as taehyung thinks he can rest his mind from thinking about the boy, he shows up—literally.

staring back at taehyung from the other side of the glass, was a soaked jungkook. guess it had rained.

it was overall pretty impressive that jungkook was even on taehyung's balcony, seeing as it was three stories from the ground.

taehyung shook those thoughts from his head though, when he made eye contact with jungkook. he looked...sad. genuinely heartbroken, and taehyung couldn't even see the tears that streamed from his face (thanks to the convenient rain).

the younger's heart broke. he quickly unlocked his balcony door and pulled the wet boy inside. jungkook felt warmth radiate around him, and the feeling of tae's hand wrapped around his bicep made him feel at home. he started to shiver, not going unnoticed by taehyung who stumbled back to grab jungkook a blanket.

"hi tae." jungkook's voice sounded rough. it has only been a few days since taehyung had last seen jungkook, but the elder looked so broken, which honestly confused him.

"hi...gguk." tae led his boyfriend over to the couch, the two of them plopping down on the stiff material.

"i...i've missed you tae." jungkook whispered, but he didn't make eye contact with the younger, he didn't feel like he could just yet. "i know my last apology didn't work out too well." he rubbed his neck awkwardly as taehyung gave him a look that read 'yeah, no shit'.

jungkook cleared his throat and continued. "i've been doing a lot of thinking these past few days, and i've realized just how stupid i am. taehyung, i'm so...so scared. i've never been in a gay relationship and it's new to me. that doesn't excuse what i did to you...not in any way." he took taehyung's reluctant hands in his own, and breathed heavily. "i'm not afraid of loving you tae, i'm afraid of being myself, and you—you're so open with yourself, i honestly aspire to be that confident with myself."

tears began to break through the boy's waterline. "taehyung...i care for you so so much."

his words were honest, and they struck a chord with taehyung.

all jungkook was, was scared.

-
another filler? but this one is a bit better and has more content:")