t w e n t y•t w o

i'm bAck babY

"maybe we should break up then." taehyung said fluently, with no hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"w-what?" jungkook stuttered. taehyung's eyes widened a bit that he had made the elder stutter when he always seemed like such a put-together man. "i just...i don't—"

"gguk," tae put a hand on the others muscular shoulder, "if you're scared, then maybe it's better for you that we just aren't together. you won't have to fear anything that way."

the younger had a point, but did jungkook want to give up? no.

"i'll prove it to you taehyung, i will." jungkook stated as he suddenly stood up and headed towards the front door.

"huh?" tae watched as the elder opened the front door with no hesitation. before he left however, he turned back.

"mark my words." and with that, he left, letting the door swing closed behind him.

the next day taehyung headed out for work, even though he felt a bit fearful of what stunt jungkook was planning.

he walked through the same glass doors he had been for weeks, bowing at the receptionist as he headed for the elevators.

"haven't seen you in awhile taehyung." a co-worker, chingyu, said.

tae gave a head nod and light smile before entering the elevator. he went up to his floor and waved to chuul as he headed for jungkook's room.

"tae! good to see you." chuul gave with a smile. the boy bowed back before knocking on his boss' door.

"come in." he heard from the other side before entering.

"hello sir—"

"taehyung! i'm glad you're here today." jungkook stood from his desk. for some reason, he looked different. his hair seemed longer and more curled. he also looked taller and more buff. had he been working out? tae had just seen him last night, but he seemed to give off a different aura.

jungkook started walking towards taehyung, grabbing the boy's hand as he passed.

"gguk?" taehyung was taken aback from the sudden hand-holding.

jungkook led the younger out from his room and towards the elevator.

"i have an important meeting today." jungkook said, facing the elevator doors as they shut.

taehyung looked down at their clasped hands just as jungkook interlocked their fingers.

"my boss will be there." jungkook said, still not looking at tae.

the elevator made it to the 5th floor and the two exited. taehyung was dragged into a meeting room labeled 'conference room 3'.

as soon as they entered, everyone in the room stood up and all eyes were on them, which was about 18 pairs. taehyung went to let go of jungkook's hand, seeing as there were lots of people in the room looking at them, but jungkook held on tighter.

taehyung gave the elder a confused look, trying to pull his hand away, but to no avail.

"good afternoon everyone." jungkook bowed and smiled, not one letting go of tae's hand which was now heavily sweating.

most everyone in the room was furrowing their eyebrows in question as they sat back down, wondering why the CEO was holding hands with his male assistant.

"i would like to start off today's meeting with an announcement." he held up his and taehyung's interlocked hand, "i, jeon jungkook am dating this man right here, kim taehyung."

taehyung, along with everyone else, widened his eyes. he could see the nervousness on jungkook's face, even through a light smile he wore. his hand shook a little, now matching tae's sweatyness.

"what is the meaning of this?" jungkook's boss stood up, a mean look on his face.

"it's a rule somewhere in the handbook that a worker must acknowledge if he or she has relations with another worker..so here i am acknowledging that i have relations with kim taehyung." he looked to his boss, getting a little closer to taehyung.

suddenly, a woman burst into a fit of giggles. "so cute, so cute!" she said through her laughter. a few of the other woman joined in the banter, pointing and giggling at the pair.

the room had a much lighter feel thanks to that, but jungkook's boss still had a face of anger.

"my office now, jeon."

jungkook nodded, "yes sir." he reluctantly let go of tae's hand and followed the older man out of the room.

taehyung was now left alone with a room of people who were expecting a business meeting but got chaos instead.

"umm—" he started, but was interrupted by one of the still-laughing females.

"i thought you guys were up to something."

"i did too! taehyung was in boss' room way too long the other day."

"i found out because i saw them go into a closet together."

"and you didn't tell us!?"

taehyung felt very awkward, so he decided to slip out the door, luckily with no one noticing. he began to walk down the hall until he heard jungkook's all-too-familiar voice.

he peaked into a slightly open room, where he saw jungkook sitting while his boss stood over him jarringly.

"sir, i..i really like taehyung and i needed to prove that to him. i promise it hasn't affected my work, and it won't from here on."

the older man looked away. "alright jeon..i don't quite accept it, but what you get up to after work isn't my business. please keep your relation with him strictly business while you're here. i wouldn't want the others to think taehyung gets special treatment from you."

"yes sir. i mean, he totally does get special treat—"

"you aren't helping yourself."

"right...thank you again." jungkook smiled lightly, looking down at his lap while his boss walked from the room.

taehyung backed up and hid behind a corner while jungkook's boss left the room. once he was far enough away, he entered, closing the door behind him.

"i guess you do like me."

jungkook didn't even have to turn around to know it was his boy. "i guess i do. did i win you over like in the movies?"

"i have to say, you did. i wasn't expecting that. though now all the women are going to be all over me for being your boyfriend." taehyung rolled his eyes.

"they better not be." jungkook swiveled his chair to face taehyung.

the younger walked towards his boyfriend, straddling his lap once he was in front of the other.

he leaned his body inwards, resting his chest on jungkook's. he let his arms wrap around the elder's neck, resting his head in the nape.

"thank you." taehyung whispered.

jungkook kissed the top of tae's head. "i needed to show you that you make me less afraid and...that i truly truly like you and that i'm so sorry for everything."

taehyung smiled against the other's skin. "i thought it was very brave of you." tae leaned back, looking into jungkook's eyes, "and brave is hot." he smirked.

"woah woah woah," jungkook put his hands up, "no relations at work." he laughed, making taehyung join in.

everything felt good with taehyung in his arms.

everything felt right.

i hope that was a good comeback lol. i went to a monsta x concert last night and i SLAMMED. stan monsta x🤪

anyways, i hope you all are well and i miss interacting with everyone. updates will be slow, but at least im back from the dead!

love you all<3 —bottom bitch kam