Cool | 4

Y/N's POV

Once Father unlatched the stable gate, Mickey promptly galloped towards Hoseok, his hooves echoing on the gritty gravel. Using his nose, he nuzzled himself into Hoseok, displaying tender affection. The groomed hairs on his tale began to loosen and swish freely. I found it odd how comfortable Mickey was around him; with me, he was reserved and cautious.

Hoseok wildly laughed, his eyes squinting.

"I guess Mickey likes you." Father commented, about to fetch Tan from the back.

Altering the saddle with precision, Father fed the black horse a stick of celery as a treat. After Tan chewed the whole thing, my father hiked himself up, sitting snugly on the saddle. He approached Hoseok and I, signalling us to hoist ourselves onto Mickey.

"Get yourself up. I'll lock the gate." I softly ordered Hoseok as he gave a swift nod.

When both horses were out of the stable, I locked the padlock firmly with the tarnished stable key, double-checking it. I turned around, perceiving Hoseok looking around gingerly; his knuckles turned pale as he gripped onto the cantle dependently.

"Y/N, it's my first time...on a horse." He gritted his teeth, a timorous tremble in his voice.

"You did it yesterday." I giggled at him.

He still didn't seem at ease.

"Just don't let go. It's pretty easy."

Father and Tan were already trotting ahead of us; I quickly lifted myself up, sitting in front of Hoseok. My hands clutched onto Mickey's black reins, his speed gradually accelerated.

"Are you alright?" I asked Hoseok, even though I couldn't see him.

"I guess." His warm breath attacked the back of my neck, due to our close proximity.

"Just hold onto...the cantle." I reminded him, trying to hide my obvious blush with my sleeves.

Shoot. I couldn't control myself when I was near him. His voice made goosebumps appear on the back of my neck. I felt the small hairs on my back shoot upright against his toasty, warm body.

This was going to be a long ride...

Throughout the journey, Hoseok and I conversed more about our personal lives. He was a sailor who had 6 other sailor roommates, who were also his best friends. He was very fond of dancing, but he would never consider it as a career; sailing was his true passion. Apparently, he got himself into this mess because he lost a game of rock-paper-scissors.

"You guys are such idiots! I love it!" I wheezed breathlessly, frightening Mickey a little.

"You should've seen my face! They took loads of photos too. I think I have a video of it, you want to watch it later?" He suggested.

I nodded rapidly.

"Yes!" I exclaimed, making Hoseok jump lightly in his seat, "We'll go to the bar. You're of age, right?"

"I'm 25." He tittered, "I look young to you?"

"Your genes, oh my." My mouth was wide open; Hoseok continued to hysterically titter at me, "Well, we're the same age."

"We're here?" Hoseok questioned, spotting thatched rooves amongst tall, bristly trees.

"Oh yes, we're here!" I followed Father and Tan into the village's walls.

The village of Meadshore, known for making and selling authentic mead relatively near the coastline. Walls of stones circled the village; there wasn't a single stone that was identical, and all imperfections were sealed with cement. There was only one entrance, which was from the east side. The main gate was made of sturdy iron; it was wide and stood at a sizeable height. Usually, there were no guards at the gate so it was easy to enter.