Clear | 18

Y/N's POV

"Ta-da!" Hoseok sputtered, leaning back to get a better look of the wonky helmet on my head, "Good enough."

"How do I mount this thing?" I scrutinized the bike and its plain, black color.

"Just get on. I'll balance it for you." His hand crept onto the handlebar, making sure to keep the bike upright.

Biting my lip, I wrapped my right leg around the seat - both of them eventually touching the ground. I felt quite pleased, and I sighed in contentment as to how I could sit on the paper-thin seat.

I caught Hoseok's palm, in my front view, edging away from the handlebar. And I wobbled on the bike unwillingly.

"Hoseok! Balance me!" I childishly ordered.

I snatched his hand, and put it in the same place again.

"Well, you won't learn if I keep on balancing you." He retracted his hand away in a flash. 

I elicited an agitated moan in response.

"If I get injured, it's all your fault." I pointed at him whilst he shrugged, and simpered at my frustrated face.

"Just follow my lead, okay?" Hoseok's lips quirked into an amiable beam; sincerity and trust shining through his chocolate eyes.

I found myself nodding and flicking my head forward.

I had faith in his words.

The sky was all clear; birds were beating their wings, boasting their flamboyant-colored feathers. I heard amazed shrills from the little children at the random birds roaming on the ground. Older pedestrians also started to awe at the small creatures, almost forgetting that they had to be somewhere.

"First, put one of your feet on the ground and push yourself off-" I absently interrupted Hoseok, too absorbed in my observation of the birds.

"I understand why you like birds so much now." I chuckled as he looked at me, confused.

"Oh..." He furrowed his eyebrows for a while until he finally spoke up, answering to what I said earlier, "Yes, they just fascinate me since they have many different meanings. Maybe that's why I like them so much."

"Interesting." I stated, and nodded my head in understanding.

"Now, where was I?" Hoseok asked, "Oh yes! Push yourself off the ground and then quickly ensure both feet are on the pedals."

"Oh..." I positioned my left foot on the pedal, the slippery rubber hindering my balance.

I've never rode a bike properly. Last time, it only took 2 seconds to plunge to the ground face flat. Since that day, not a single bicycle was in sight for me. The thought evoked painful and unbearable memories from the past.

It was quite ironic how I was comfortable with horses but not bikes - maybe it was the close relationship I had with them, or the trust we built, but I loathed bicycles every since.

Adrenaline rushed through my system. My stomach rippled whilst I imagined various scenarios in my head. I didn't notice that my breathing accelerated until I finally pushed my foot on the ground, barely using any force. I began to inhale and exhale more irregularly as I tried to not distract myself. My feet climbed into pedals as I impelled further on the riverfront path.

I was pretty satisfied with myself - it seemed like I was a natural! The bike didn't seem to shake to the side at any point. I pedalled faster as I grew confidence.