Hail | 5

Y/N's POV

"Aww, they're so cute!" I heard Hoseok squeak, his face looking forward. 

In front of us, Tan and Mickey were nickering to eachother. Tan nodded in unison with Mickey's soft whinnies. Then he let out a delighted neigh, and a smile gently formed on my face - the way they played together was adorable.

"They must be tired." Father muttered, noticing Mickey's eyelids drooping slightly.

Thoroughly, Father unknotted the rope on the wooden pole, setting both horses free. Planting his hand near Tan's withers, he effortlessly mounted himself up. As I hoisted myself onto Mickey, Hoseok followed, once again behind me. 

"Remember, hold onto the cantle." I reminded him.

"Oh yes." I noticed his cheeks reddening as he gripped tight onto the cantle.

Then we were off. 

I had the same feeling in my gut as yesterday - as if there was smoke being emitted in the air, the atmosphere and scenery dimming.

"This is weird. I thought it would be good weather today." I pouted as a breeze sweeped Mickey's mane backwards.

Suddenly, a small droplet of liquid landed on the tip of my nose. I looked up, spotting more drizzles of rain pouring from the ashy clouds. I wiped off the slightly acidic moisture off my nose.

We really should have brought an umbrella.

The shower freely doused Mickey's coat, making him snort aloud in annoyance. He impatiently dashed, following the path in an expeditious yet unbearable speed.

Mickey wasn't usually like this...

"Slow down!" I tried demanding him, pulling back his reins.

But he didn't decelerate. 

I didn't know where Father and Tan were either. 

I continued to clasp onto his straps. A rush of adrenaline travelled into my stomach, my vision blurring and my mind dazed.

"Y/N!" I felt Hoseok's head buried into my back.

Instead of holding onto the saddle, I felt his hand tugging the hem of my shirt.

"Don't do that, please." I hid my agitation.

"So...rry..." A quiver released from his mouth, filled with trepidation, "Tell him to...slow down..."

"I'm trying!" I almost lashed out, jerking the reins frenetically.

Startling Hoseok and I, Mickey let out a deafening, vexed neigh, still sprinting on the pebbly track. Soon enough, the light sprinkle evolved into an army of harsh hail. They dangerously bounced onto the path, Mickey almost trodding on a stone. The frozen pellets beated raucously along the ground.

"No!" Hoseok squealed, absently grappling onto me.

His velocity increased more and more, my grip slowly loosening. Stupidly, I somehow let go.

"Y/N...hold...onto...the-" Hoseok's voice was completely muffled.

My hearing was blocked. I couldn't hear anything except the hail smashing and the wind howling.

I could only make out a bleary landscape which faded into a moderate darkness.

"Fuck!"

"Ow!"

Someone was on top of me.

I felt something coarse and rough scrape my cheeks.