Chapter 10

Owen's POV:
I woke early and got up and took a shower before walking to the kitchen and started making breakfast.
I was almost done when Cass came into the kitchen, she was wearing ripped blue jeans, a dark grey singlet and a blue grey hoodie.
"Morning." Her voice full off joy.
"Morning, how did you sleep?"
"I slept great, that bed is SO much more comfy than the bed in the HUB." I chuckled a bit.
"Well, you are welcome to sleep in that bed whenever you want." I immediately froze. What were you thinking, stop acting like an idiot. Why do I alway have to ruin everything. I was pulled out of my thoughts by Cass's soft voice.
"Are you serious?"
"Yeah, I mean, if you want. I don't use it anyways."
"I would love to come back, it's so nice here."
"Thank you, it's nice to have some company..." I smiled. "...Well, breakfast is ready." We took a plate each and sat down in the living room and I turned on the Telly.
After breakfast, Cass insisted on cleaning up.
"You did the cooking, so then it is fair that I clean up after." Was all she said before taking my plate to the kitchen and started washing up. I caught myself staring at her, she was so beautiful, with her deep blue eyes and plating blond hair.
When she had finished she walked over to where I was sitting.
"You wanted to know more about me and my traveling?" She looked at me with those beautiful deep blue eyes.
"Yes, if you don't mind that is."
"No, not at all." She answered and started telling me about herself and her father, and about her foster mother Sigríður. When she had finished I told her about my past, I have never told any of the Torchwood members about my life before Torchwood. But here i was, spilling it all to her. And it felt good to get it off my chest. I expected her to look annoyed when I finished, but she sat there and listen like a good friend.
"I have never told anyone about my life before Torchwood." I admitted.
"Well, then I won't tell. But only if you keep what I told you secret, not even Jack or my dad knows all of what I told you."
"Deal." I said and held out my hand for her to shake, and she took it and shook it.
We talked for a while, I told her about all the aliens we had encountered and about Suzi and when Gwen first came. And about Gwen's first try and fail. We had a blast, and we laughed a lot. For the first time in years, I was really enjoying myself. But off course it couldn't last forever.
~RIIING~
I looked at my phone, it read Jack so I took it.
"Yeah?"
"Owen, I need you to do me a favor."
"What is it?" I asked, not wanting to agree to something without knowing what I agreed to.
"I need you to spend the day with Cass, we're gonna try to get in contact with her foster mother. And we're trying to keep it a secret for her birthday. Can you do that?" I get to spend the day with Cass? Right now I bloody love Jack, it's the best assignment I could've gotten today.
"Yeah, I can do that." I tried to sound like always, but on the inside I was jumping in joy.
"Great, see you tomorrow then. I hope it's okay for you both that she stay another night?"
"I'll ask her.
"Hey Cass, Jack wanted to know if it's okay for you to stay here another night?"
"Yeah, I don't want to be there if he's gonna spend the night with Ianto." She laughed, I smiled back.
"She's okay with it."
"Yeah, I heard."
"See ya tomorrow then boss."
"See you tomorrow Owen, and take care of Cass. Her dad will kill me if something happens to her."
"Will do, bye."
"Bye."
I put the phone away and turned back to Cass.
"We got the day off."
"Does this happen often?"
"Sometimes, Jack said that the skies were clear. So there's no need for us, so if you want we can go out and I can show you around?"
"I would love to."
"Great, get you shoes and Jacket." She got of the couch and walked to her room. When she cane out she was wearing black combat boots with a short heel and a black leather jacket outside the hoodie, it was a good look on her. I was wearing what I always wore.
"I'm ready." She said and off we went.
We walked around Cardiff and talked, and had I had a good time and I think she did to. We stoped by a café and got something to drink, she ordered a hot chocolate and I chose a coffee. When we walked out of there she turned to me.
"Is there a beach near by?"
"Yeah, I'll show you." I said and we walked to the beach in silence. When we reached the beach we walked over to a bench and sat down.
"I wish I had my drawing book now."
"Where is it?"
"In the HUB, I forgot it yesterday." She looked out to sea and it looked like she got lost in thought. I quietly took out my phone and texted Jack.

"Hey Jack, do you know where Cass keeps her drawing book and stuff?"

I got an answer almost immediately.

"Yes, why?"

"She said she forgot it at the HUB and she wished she had it."

"I'll sent out someone with it."

"Thanks."

"Np. But why do you bother?"

Damn, what am I gonna answer now?

"Owen, do you have a crush on Cass?😘"

"Don't you dare tell anyone!"

"Don't worry lover boy, your secret is safe with me😉"

"It better be!"

"Who are you texting?" Cass looked at me with her deep blue eyes.
"Oh, just Jack."
"What are you two talking about?"
"I asked him if he could send someone with your drawing stuff." She smiled widely.
"You did that for me?"
"Yeah, we're not that far away from the HUB anyway."
"Thank you Owen." She said and engulfed me in a hug. We pulled apart and I felt my phone vibrate.

"Where are you?"

"Is that Jack?"
"Yeah, he wondered where we were." I replied before answering Jack.

"At the beach on one of the benches."

"I'm on my way lover boy😉"

I locked my phone and put it in my pocket. I swear, if Jack mentions it, I will kill him.
We sat in silence and listened to the waves.
"Hey guys!" It was Jack, he was walking towards us with a grin on his face. I glared at him to get him to stop grinning, but he didn't stop. I hope Cass doesn't ask why he's grinning.
"Why are you grinning? Who did you say hello to now?" Why would she ask who he said hello to? I'm so confused.
"You are just like your dad, and if you must know, it was Ianto." Jack answered grinning even more.
"I knew it." She said shaking her head lightly while smiling and chuckling.
"Here's your stuff" He handed her a small purse, to small to hold a drawing book. I looked at it puzzled.
"How is it space for a book in that small purse?" She just smiled at me.
"Like this." She said before opening the purse and reaches down in the purse, her arm went all the way down to her elbow before she pulled it out again with a brown book.
"HOW!" I exclaimed.
"Time lord science, it's bigger on the inside." She smiled at me, I probably looked like an idiot.
"Don't ask me to explain, I don't understand how it works, I just use it. It was a gift from my dad a few years back."
"Well, it looks practical."
"Yes, it is."
"Well, I'll leave you two alone. Oh and Cass, I put your gun and holster in your purse." Jack turned and walked away.
She reached into her purse again and pulled out her gun, studied it and put both the gun and the book back.
"Can we go get something to eat? I'm starting to get hungry." She looked at me.
"Yeah, I'm starting to get hungry too. Let's go." I said and held out my arm for her to hold, and she linked hers in mine and walked of the beach.