Chapter 19

Cass's pov:

We were walking together towards the restaurant Jack had reserved a table at.
"So, where are we going?" I asked excitedly.
"It's a surprise." Jack replied with a grin.
"You know I don't like surprises." I whined, but he didn't cave.
"Come on Cass." He simply said and kept on walking.

After a while we stopped in front of a restaurant, the same restaurant Owen took me to.
"This is where we're gonna eat?" I asked.
"Yup, and Ianto's already reserved a table. So we don't have to wait." Jack smiled at me.
"Yes! The dessert here is very good." I said to my dad, making him smile.
"We didn't have time for that last time, did we?"
"No, but Owen took me here last week. The food was amazing."
"Jack told me about that." My dad said with a smile. We walked into the restaurant and was immediately seated at a large table in the back.
"So, Jack told me you're learning the trades of a doctor?" Dad said with a smirk.
"Yeah, well. I'm not good with technology, and I already know how to do Gwen's job. I also know how to do Ianto's job, and I don't want to do Jack's job. So there wasn't really anything else to choose." I shrugged and felt Owen's hand on my thigh. I looked at him and saw him already looking at me, a comforting smile on his face.
"So, how long are you guys in town for?" Owen asked dad and Mother.
"Probably not that long." Dad replied.
"I might stay for some days, maybe a week. It's been too long since we spent any quality time together elska."(Sweetheart) Mother said with a warm smile.
"That sounds nice mamma."(mother) I replied, also smiling.
"So dad, seen anything amazing lately?"
"Not really no, I went to Barcelona and saw the dogs again."
"Cool, you have to take me there one day." I grinned, remembering when he and Rose told me about that planet.
"Yes I do, maybe I'll take you when you've finished your training."
"That would be awesome." I grinned and he grinned back.
"Cass here, joined us on a mission not too long ago." Jack said with a big smile.
"How did you do?" Mother asked kindly.
"Perfectly, she handled everything like a pro." Jack complimented and gave me a smile, which I returned.
"That's my girl." Dad said with a huge grin on his face.
"Thanks dad." I smiled back at him.

The rest of the dinner went by fast, with talking and laughing. Easy to say it was the best birthday I'd had in years.

AN:// Sorry for the short chapter, but at least it's something😅