Fourteen

Three weeks of sweet flirting from Mr. Harris and here she was, nursing a vodka cranberry in a skintight dress.

He was sweet and he was so incredibly smart... But he didn't make her feel things.

Seeing Christian round second, speeding to third... made her feel things. Nathaniel going "DA!" before Christian busted out in whale sounds? Made her feel things.

Scopolamine and mice? Didn't make her feel things. Philip Zimbardo? Didn't make her feel anything except an irrational anger and mom feelings for those poor boys.

Speaking of boys... She missed hers.

"Amelia?" Mr. Har-Steven asked. "Did you want dessert at all, or should we head home?" His smile was stunning and quirky, but his teeth were too small. His lips too... even.

"Yeah... home," she smiled, grabbing her purse and letting Steven take her hand, open the door, and open the car door.

She could take care of herself, but shit like this made men feel important, so she let him.

They got to the condo no more than 20 minutes later and she took a deep breath, turning her head and finding her lips captured in a kiss. She kissed back out of habit, but once again felt nothing. There were no quirks; no gentle biting of her lower lip, no strong thumb gently stroking her jaw, and no gentle graze of their noses as they parted.

It was fine. But she didn't want fine. She wanted electric.

***

Jonah rolled his eyes when he walked in. He knew the Brewers were in town. He knew that this was the bar for the baseball players.

That didn't mean he wanted to see that stupid fucking face with the stupid uneven lips and weirdly large teeth.

He settled on just ignoring him and drinking more.

That was always smart.

***

13-for-72 since he last saw Amelia. .181 average. He sucked.

So now he wanted to be sucked. The only fucking solution was fucking.

He knew that was a bold-faced lie, but the actual solution wasn't possible so he didn't want to think about it.

He found a tiny redhead with the perkiest (fakest) tits he'd ever seen. Perfect.

"I'm Christian," he introduced himself, pulling her petite body flush with his.

"Rafa," she smirked, grinding against his perfunctorily hard cock.

"Hi Rafa," he whispered hotly against her neck, not-so-gently biting down, trying to hold back his eye roll at the porn-worthy moan.

"We should get out of here," he whispered before being forcefully ripped away from Rafa.

***

Jonah saw it go down before his eyes, anger burning deep in his veins. He saw him kiss the ginger's neck and got up outside of his own accord.

His best friend was sabotaging herself and was still broken and he was still banging anything with a pussy.

No more.

He stormed over and ripped Christian off the girl and landed a solid right hook, satisfied at the sound of flesh hitting flesh.

"You're a fucking whore. Your wife is at home taking care of your son, and you're fucking anything that breathes. I hope she never takes you back. I hope she takes that sweet baby boy away from you. Nathaniel deserves a father not a babysitter," he shouted before storming away.

Alcohol was a hell of a release for inhibitions.

***

Christian took a step back, stunned. His eye was pulsating and he was seriously confused. What the hell was Jonah doing there?

He went over Jonah's words in his alcohol jumbled mind and his heart dropped.

Amelia wouldn't take Nathaniel away from him... would she?