8. No Matter What

Sixteenth Precinct

Cragen made his way back to his precinct feeling confident but sad. He was gonna nail Tucker, the son of a bitch, but he was sad because his "nephew"'s girlfriend was brutally attacked. No one even suspected that Tucker would do something like that. He was a Sergeant for Internal Affairs, he was supposed to be making sure that there were no dirty cops. He wasn't supposed to be one of the dirty cops. Even though he didn't rape her, he watched her get raped. In Cragen's mind, that was almost as bad as committing the rape.

As for Mike, he was supposed to be Elliot and Olivia's friend. He was dating one of Olivia's best friends, he wasn't supposed to be a rapist. What the hell happened?

The captain made his way into his office and he had just sat down when Munch knocked on the door and poked his head in. "Tucker and Mike's lawyers are here." Munch said as he looked at his boss. He took a deep breath and knowing this was a sensitive topic, he spoke tentatively. "Cap, I know it's not my business but...you're gonna have to tell him at some point." Munch said.

"How do you tell a kid who just witnessed his father going to prison for ten years that he wasn't that bastard's biological son?" Cragen asked softly.

"I'm not sure but like I said, he needs to know." Munch said.

Cragen nodded and sighed. "You go interrogate Mike, I'll interrogate Tucker. I wanna nail this son of a bitch."

"Got it, boss." Munch said, determined to nail the kid who hurt the love of Elliot's life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mercy General Hospital

"You're good to go home, Olivia. Just keep your arm in the sling for the next two weeks just as a precaution and it looks like Elliot's arm is healing rather quickly so you both can take them off at the same time." Dr. Warner said as he finished checking her vitals and took her blood pressure one last time.

"That's great! Did you hear that, babe?" Elliot asked but when he saw the look on Olivia's face, he knew that she had slipped into a daze just as Dr. Warner said she had been experiencing when she first got to the hospital. "Baby?" Elliot asked as he tried to get her attention.

"Huh? What? Sorry," Olivia said as she looked down at her hands, embarrassed.

"You can go home, Olivia." Dr. Warner said as he looked at Elliot with concerned eyes.

"Oh, okay, cool." Olivia said as she stared off into space, still in a daze.

"My mom went back to your house and got you some clothes that you could change into, babe. Then we can go back to my house if you want." Elliot said as he gently sat the clothes in her lap and kissed the side of her head softly.

Olivia nodded then walked into the bathroom in her hospital room and closed the door.

"Dr. Warner, is she gonna be okay?" Elliot asked softly, scared for his girlfriend.

"I would suggest that she talk to someone, Elliot. She's going to resist at first but once she starts going to therapy, she'll see that it definitely helps the healing process." Dr. Warner responded as he rested a comforting hand on Elliot's shoulder.

Just then, Olivia came out of the bathroom dressed in jeans and a t-shirt and she smiled softly at Elliot as he got up and walked over to her. "Hi," she whispered softly as he wrapped her in his arms. She wasn't in her daze anymore.

"Hi, there." Elliot whispered back with a smile as he kissed her softly. "You okay?"

"I will be." She said, nodding. "Just...don't leave me." She whispered timidly as she looked away.