13. Thankful

Before they knew it, Thanksgiving was in a few days. The plan was to eat with their families, of course, then have a Friendsgiving the next day since they had a three day weekend. It seemed that the gang were inseparable and it was true. They loved being together whether they were going to the beach or the movies or just hanging out, talking. It didn't matter as long as they were together.

"I hate math class." Casey complained as everyone stood by Elliot's locker. It was the end of the day and the gang couldn't wait to go home and start their three day weekend.

"You hate every class." Olivia said, chuckling, as Elliot closed his locker and wrapped her in his arms.

"Your point?" Casey quipped as Ryan wrapped his arm around her shoulders and everyone laughed.

Just then, the bell rang and everyone said their goodbyes and went their separate ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Cabot house, everyone was enjoying their food and making light conversation. Then, Alex's aunt Joan broke the comfortable silence and started asking questions.

"So, hows school going, girls?" Alex's aunt Joan asked happily.

"It's good." They replied together.

"What's your favorite subject?" Joan asked, hoping she could get more than two words out of them.

"I really like English, we're reading Shakespeare." Alex said as she blushed, a little embarrassed.

"That's great, honey! And what about you, Olivia?" Joan asked as she turned her attention to Olivia.

"I really like history." Olivia said as she blushed lightly.

"Do you girls know what you want to go to college for?" Joan asked, intrigued.

"I want to be a prosecutor for the justice system." Alex said proudly as her parents smiled at her.

"Wow, that's amazing. And you, Olivia?" Joan asked.

"I want to work in the Special Victims Unit but I also would like to be a rape crisis counselor. I want to help victims and products of rape cope with their situation and try to help them deal with it since I know what it's like." Olivia said with slight tears in her eyes as she looked down at her plate of food that she hadn't touched since she first spoke.

"Honey, that's very admirable. I think it's so great of you to want to help victims get justice and that you want to put away whoever's responsible. We're really proud of you." Alex's mother said as she reached across the table and squeezed Olivia's hand.

"Thanks." Olivia said softly as she dabbed her eyes with her napkin and started eating.

"So, how's the dating scene going?" Joan asked and Olivia and Alex blushed some more.

"Dating scene? Really, Aunt Joan?" Alex teased and everyone at the table laughed.

"I never know what you kids call it anymore." Joan said with a smile and a shrug.

"Well, Trevor is absolutely amazing and I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend. I think Liv can say the same thing about Elliot." Alex said and Olivia elbowed her lightly.

"He is pretty amazing." Olivia admitted softly. "He's been through a lot of really crappy situations in his life and he still manages to come out smiling. I love that about him." Olivia said with a soft smile.

"Well, just to let you know, whatever happens with you two, you and Elliot have our blessing." Alex's father said with a wink as he held his wife's hand.