15. Valentines Day

After the ball dropped, everyone went back to Melinda's house to sleep over. They spent their holiday break going ice skating and playing games at each other's houses, just enjoying their time together. Before they knew it, Valentines Day was just around the corner and everyone was getting ready to exchange gifts with their significant others. They couldn't wait. They agreed to exchange with their significant other and then meet at the fanciest restaurant in town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fin arrived at Melinda's house and knocked on the door. He was nervous because he didn't know how she would react when he told her about Monique. There was absolutely no chance he would go back to Monique but he just didn't want to give Melinda any doubts about his loyalty to her. He was taken from his thoughts when Melinda's father opened the door, greeted him with a warm smile and invited him inside.

"Thanks, Dr. Warner." Fin said politely as they shook hands.

"No problem, Fin. Melinda's just finishing up getting ready. Would you like something to drink?" Dr. Warner asked.

"Um, sure. Do you have Coke?" Fin asked as he took a seat on the couch.

"Absolutely. I'll be right back." Fin said as Dr. Warner went to get the soda and that's when Melinda walked out of her room in a V-neck deep red dress with a matching purse and heels.

"Babe...you look...amazing." Fin said as he got up from the couch and took his girlfriend into his arms.

"Thank you." Melinda said as she blushed and Mrs. Warner joined Dr. Warner in the living room as Dr. Warner was about to hand Fin his soda.

"You still want the drink, Fin?" Dr. Warner asked, knowing full well Fin wasn't paying attention to him; all of his attention was on Melinda.

"No, thanks." Fin said as he kissed Melinda softly.

They finally sat down on the couch and took out their gifts to exchange them.

"You first." Melinda said as she handed him the gift she got him.

"Oh, my God, Mel. How did you get this?" Fin asked, in shock. It was a replica of a ring Fin's grandfather gave him shortly before he died. It was a battle symbol from when his grandfather fought in the Vietnam war and Fin was devastated when he lost the ring when he moved to New York with his parents.

"Well, it's not the same one but I found something similar and had the jeweler fix it so it looked like the original. Is it okay? You're not mad that I tried to copy it, right?" Melinda asked as she looked down at her hands. She looked up when Fin grabbed her hands gently.

"Baby, I love it. I can't believe you took the time to do this for me. I love you so much." Fin said and he completely forgot her parents were in the room when he kissed her. They made conversation until the doorbell rang and her father went to answer it. Mrs. Warner wiped her eyes gently and smiled at the couple.

"That was so sweet of you, honey." Mrs. Warner praised as she gently squeezed Melinda's shoulder.

"Thanks, Mom." Melinda said and she opened the gift that Fin got her. A very expensive looking pair of diamond earrings.

"Fin, they're so beautiful." Melinda said softly as tears filled her eyes. "I love them." She said, then they kissed softly and she put in the earrings. Fin, Melinda and Mrs. Warner were in the middle of a conversation but stopped abruptly when they heard shouting from the front door.

"Excuse me, you can't just come into my home without an invitation! What are you doing here?" Dr. Warner said, aggravated, as he followed the uninvited guest into the living room.