chapter ten

"wakey wakey, sleepyhead. half seven my ass." diego threw open florence's door, startled both her, and the boy that was lay on the floor.

"um, flo? you do know that five is in here, don't you?" diego stepped over five, who was rubbing his eyes after the rude awakening.

"of course i do, dumbass."

the curtains opened to reveal the bright sunlight. both florence and five groaned as the light made their eyes strain.

"jesus, diggy. give us a break. we'll be in the courtyard in ten."

"if you're not down in ten minutes then i'm telling luther what you did to his plane."

florence shot out of bed as soon as she heard this, almost trampling on five as she did.

"you wouldn't dare." she snarled at her favourite brother.

"eight minutes, thirty-six, thirty-five."

diego had a proud smirk on his face.

his hand reached for the door handle. florence's reflexes overtook her and shot water out of her hand.

although, it definitely wasn't water that came out of her hand.

the door handle was frozen. a thick, icy layer covered it.

all of their eyes widened in shock. florence smiled down at her hands, proud with her new ability.

diego composed himself slightly and sighed in defeat, "okay, fine. you've got fifteen minutes. can you unfreeze this, please? i need to get out."

florence shrugged her shoulders, "have you ever known a freezer to unfreeze things as soon as they're frozen?"

diego scoffed and made his way towards the window. the sound of his boots clanking against the wooden floor echoed around the room. he lifted up the window and threw one leg over.

"oh, and five? please leave when florence is getting ready. you might have the body of a thirteen-year-old boy, but your mind is the exact same as a dirty old man's." florence snorted at diego's comment. she had almost forgotten that five was still lay there.

"damnit, diego. you completely exposed my plan. nice going, man." five sarcastically responded.

"that sarcastic ass of yours will be a victim of my knives if you don't shut up."

"sorry big man." five acted scared at diego's comment.

"diggy, just go. shut the window behind you, will you? it's getting cold."

diego did just as his sister had told him to do.

"you know, i might actually need to stay in here to get ready. the door handle is frozen and as you said, it's chilly outside. wouldn't want me getting a cold, would we?" five said with a sly smirk once diego had gone.

florence looked down to where five was sat on his duvet and raised an eyebrow at him.

"since when have you cared about using doors?"

"since you told me to start using the door last night."

"you're unbelievable," florence got up from her bed and walked to her closet. five didn't answer her.

he just sat there.

florence turned around with an outfit ready to where in her hands.

she wasn't surprised to see five still in her room. she grabbed a pillow that was on the chair next to her closet and threw it at him.

"five, go away." she giggled. before the pillow could hit him, he disappeared.

he reappeared, lay down on her bed with his hands placed behind his head.

"that wasn't very nice." he said before going again. he didn't come back for a bit, so florence assumed that he had gone to get ready. she started to unbutton her pyjama top.

"i'll meet you in the courtyard."

the voice made the hairs on the back of florence's neck stand up due the the closeness. it made her shiver.

florence turned around to face five, but was met with the sight of her wardrobe.

"that cheeky bastard." florence said to herself, shaking her head in disbelief.

florence opened her window and climbed out because the door handle was still frozen. she lifted up allison's window, which was directly underneath hers, and clambered in not-so gracefully.

allison was stood in there with luther.

"sorry if i'm interrupting your kanoodling, but i froze my door handle and it won't open. sorry again." number one and number three shared a look as florence wandered out of the door.

"you can't smoke eggs."

'klaus? who are you talking to?" florence was not prepared for the sight in front of her. klaus had one knee up on the coffee table whilst lighting a cigarette. he was wearing nothing but very bright, rainbow coloured, leopard print briefs. his other clothes were carelessly scattered across the floor.

"oh, flo! you scared me! i'm just talking to myself. or the voices in my head. one of the two." klaus shrugged his shoulders.

"alright then," florence headed out of the door, "if you're planning on going out, i would put some more clothes on. it's a bit breezy out there." she added with a sweet smile towards her brother.

no matter how sober he was, klaus was still florence's brother and she loved him.

"good morning, pogo." florence said as she passed pogo, who was walking towards where klaus was.

"good morning, miss florence. what brings you downstairs so early?"

"me, diego and five are going to practice my powers today so i can get to know them."

"very well. you haven't happened to have seen a box lying around anywhere, have you? i was just about to ask master klaus if he knew where it was."

"i can't help you with that one, pogo. sorry. and a quick warning before you go in there," florence lowered the volume of her voice, "it's quite a sight."

"thank you for the warning. have a good day, miss florence. i wish you the best of luck with your powers."

"thank you, pogo. we'll be in the courtyard if you need us." florence span on her heel in the direction of the door to the courtyard.

"sixteen minutes and forty-nine seconds. i'm sure luther would love to hear what happened to his plane all those years ago." diego smirked at florence.

"if you tell him, that door handle won't be the only thing frozen," she jokingly threatened him.

"surely you should've been ready before me, considering you had a head start." five said from beside diego.

florence gave him a look.

"should we get started? i don't have all day, you know. you can admit your love for each other later. preferably when i'm not here."