chapter twenty four

the four at the bar struggled to answer her. florence zoned out once again, knowing that this conversation won't help with finding five.

a door slammed and luther continued to devise up a plan.

"what gives us the win this time?"

a bright blue light came from above the bar, then a loud thud.

florence let out a little squeal, not expecting the commotion.

she whipped around to where the noise came from to see what it was.

"am i still high or do you see him too?" klaus got up from where he was sat.

and there he was.

five rolled off the top of the bar and grabbed allison's coffee cup out of her hand.

florence was too stunned to say or do anything.

five waddled forward so he could face them all and then gulped down the coffee. he hadn't even noticed florence bundled up in his blanket on the couch.

"so, the apocalypse is in three days." five stated.

florence snorted from where she was, "no shit, sherlock."

five turned his head and scrunched up his nose in confusion.

"and here i was, thinking that my return would please you."

florence rolled her eyes and quietly giggled.

"anyway," he carried on talking.

florence wasn't exactly listening though.

instead, florence was admiring five. his hair was slightly messed up, his uniform was a bit dirty and so was his face, yet he still looked perfect.

when five pulled out a piece of folded up paper from his blazer pocket and handed it to allison, florence decided to stand up and join the group in reading what was written on the paper.

with five's blanket still wrapped around her, of course.

REASSIGNMENT: PROTECT HAROLD JENKINS

"who the hell is harold jenkins?"

five chucked his empty coffee cup to the other side of the living room.

"i don't know. yet. all i know is that he's responsible for the apocalypse."

florence, once again, zoned out. it was probably from the lack of sleep that she had that night.

she sat down on the couch, along with klaus not long after. she lent up against his arm and closed her eyes.

the room erupted into different conversations.

"my skin is on fire." florence got off klaus' arm and looked at him, concerned.

"are you okay, klaus? do you need some paracetamol?"

klaus didn't have time to answer as five's aggravated voice cut over all of the conversations.

"you know what else is insane? florence and i look like 13 year old kids, she can shoot ice out of her hands, kl-"

"oh, so i'm a 'she' now? i see how it is."

"not now, flossie," five gave her a stern look, "klaus can talk to the dead and luther thinks he's fooling everyone with that overcoat."

"he's got a point," klaus agreed with five.

the talking went on, but florence didn't care. she just wanted everyone to stop being so loud.

"i'm gonna stay and go through dad's flies."

florence's eyes widened, "i just had major deja vu."

"floss? are you gonna come with us?" five asked with diego by his side.

"if you give me 3 minutes to look more presentable then sure, i'll come with you."

five huffed, "3 minutes and then we're leaving, whether it's with or without you."

florence grinned and clapped her hands together, "yay! family outing."

"two minutes, 54 seconds.

two minutes, 53 seconds.

two minutes, 52 seconds.

two min-"

"shut up, five. i'm going now." florence dragged herself off the couch and raced towards her room to get ready.

a knock came from the other side of florence's closed door as she was quickly brushing her hair.

"come in," she said to whoever it was.

however, the door didn't open. instead, five appeared right in front of her.

she didn't have any time to react as five's hands were on both side of her cheeks and his lips were pressed onto hers.

florence immediately reacted, dropping her hairbrush and putting both of her arms around five's neck to pull them closer together.

they eventually pulled away, breathlessly.

"i missed you," five had the cutest smile on his face.

florence laughed, "i know. i missed you too."

five lent back in and gave her a light kiss, but then disappeared and reappeared behind her so his arms were around her waist.

"you know, flossie, you only have 12 seconds before we leave," he whispered lowly before disappearing again.

florence let out a deep breath.

if the apocalypse doesn't kill her, then five sure would.

the reason why florence keeps zoning out is so i don't have to write all the dialogue because it's really annoying for you guys to read. sorry for the shortness