chapter twenty one

i haven't written this in so long so i'm sorry if i get anything mixed up lmao.

"remind me why i have to sit through you doing all of this? i could be out." florence complained to five as he concentrated on whatever he was chalking onto the walls of his room.

"i didn't say that you had to stay. you just never left."

five had his tongue poking out of the corner of his mouth and was narrowing his eyes at what he was writing.

florence was sat down on the floor. after being made to move out of the way multiple times, she decided that the floor was the only place that she wasn't in the way of five.

she had no idea what five was scribbling or how long they had been there for, but it was enough time for her to discover that she could control the temperature of the room, as long as it was below freezing level.

"i think i've got something, flossie."

"congratulations, it only took you about 36 years." florence rolled her eyes.

five turned his head to face her with a playful grin, "you should know by now that we don't have that long."

"you know what i meant, smartass," florence huffed at five's words, "are you going to tell me what you've been doing yet?"

"it's a probability map."

"probability of what?" luther piped up from the open doorway.

"of whose death could save the world."

florence couldn't be bothered to listen to five explaining all of this. she knew he would waffle on about things that she just didn't understand.

"anyone want anything from the kitchen?"

"-massively different outcomes in the time continuum." the two didn't answer, or even listen to florence. they just carried on their conversation.

"just me? suit yourselves."

on her way down, she saw pogo trying to fix mother. florence gave him a sad smile.

she trudged her way down to the kitchen, where she began to search all of the cupboards for something to snack on. however, florence found that the cupboards and the fridge were almost empty. she let out a groan and stomped back up to five's room, obviously not happy with the amount of food in the house.

"someone really needs to go food shopping. actually, i'll go in a bit. does anyone wanna come-"

florence was cut off by luther grabbing her. she squealed, "let me go!"

luther dragged her towards the window and pushed her out of it, but still held on.

"don't make me do this," luther pleaded five.

"look, i don't know what kind of chocolate klaus has given to you, but if you don't put me back inside and let go of me in 10 seconds, i won't hesitate to freeze your dick off!"

"it's either her or the gun, you decide." florence could feel luther's grip begin to loosen.

"is both an option?"

"nope."

florence heard a clatter and the sound of five apparating. luther's hands left florence's arms, but they were replaced with five's. he got her back in and let go of her after briefly checking her over for any harm, although he knew that luther wouldn't of actually hurt his sister.

"luther, you crazy son of a bitch! why did you just almost drop me three floors out of my own home's window?" florence took notice of what luther was now holding in his hands.