Winter, 1999.

I was born in winter when the wind was cold and bitter, and the streets were covered in white, sparkling snow.

My Mum was overjoyed. She always wanted a girl, and I was way more beautiful than she ever expected me to be. 'Dark lovely hair. Sparkling dark eyes and skin as white as snow.' My mother would say.

Yes, she was happy. Very very happy.

'I almost wanted to name you 'Snow White' She would say. But to be honest, I'm hella glad she didn't. Otherwise my life would have been a misery.

They brought me home that very night. My Mum was doing fine, so the doctors didn't complain. They took me strait to their room where they later had apple juice as they celebrated my 'First ever birthday' as my Mother called it. My parents never drank, for a start, drunkenness was what gave them the creeps, but My Mother later confided in me that she likes being 'in control'. It was as simple as that.

They were happy. Tired, but happy. And soon, a happy couple were sleeping on their bed with their 'first ever' baby.

The Moon was full, and the stars shone so bright that it looked like they were burning. And that is how my life started. As I lay there in my Mothers arms, feeling her warmth. Wearing my 'First ever' pink, baby dress, sleeping peacefully.

That was not my first ever day. But my first ever night. And it was beautiful. Or so my Mum said.

I might not remember those days, but with the information that I later found out I feel like I have.