Sweet Mother.

One of the many things that I liked about summer is that, You can always eat lots of ice-cream, drink cold drinks without having your Mum say 'Don't! You'll be coughing nonstop if you keep eating ice-cream'.

I liked the way sunshine comes through the window, into my room, giving it a golden glow. I liked the way the  cool wind touches my face, and how the colors reflect on the clouds when the Sun is about to set.

I hadn't seen many Sunrises but I'd seen quite a great deal amount of Sunsets. I loved the way the sky turns a mess of neon yellow, bright orange and pale red or pink at Sunset. I loved the way clouds gather at the sky, forming shapes of odd things, in the evenings.

My Mothers would say I've become too obsessed with nature, but honestly I couldn't help it. Look around, doesn't rain excites you? I loved the scent of raindrops and earth, mixed together. I loved the song raindrops sing. How can you not love snow? I loved it's white color, it's softness and the way it melts into ones palm.

I loved the way soft grass felt under my bare feet, how the leaves rustle when they dance. How flowers can be found in millions of color, both dark and pale, and how each has it's own fragrance.

We went for a walk one day, just me and Mum. Both of us walking too fast at one moment, then walking too slow at the other. She told me strange facts of plants, which I liked. She made up jokes and we both laughed silly,  with the way they turned out. My Mum still made silly faces sometimes. They used to make me laugh when I was a baby, giggle when I was four. Now, they only made me smile.

Eights years. For eight years, my Mother looked after me. and she will always. The thought is a bit disturbing, to have someone care for you always and always.

I asked her then, 'How was Dad like?'.

She looked at me, surprised. We never talked about my Dad, I don't know why, but we don't.

'He was beautiful'. she said, her eyes misty.

'How?',

She smiled, 'His eyes, he had such lovely eyes, full of energy and life. They would twinkle, they would spark, they would smile and laugh.', She strokes my hair softly, 'He held pride, and wouldn't want to express too much, but I could tell. One look at his eyes, and I would know whatever he would be hiding'.

'Kenny says he was moody'.

'Kenny' was the dear old lady that lived next door. She was strict and always angry, but she liked talking about other people, such as my Dad.

Mum frowned, 'You shouldn't talk with her. You know that if she doesn't make up stuff, she exaggerates. It's not nice to gossip about people behind their back, and she does it all the time'.

I nodded, but inside I was confused. I wanted to reach out for my mother and ask her all the questions that were stuck in my heart. That's why I let Kenny talk about this and that, because I knew that she would come to my Dad. But now I was confused, more than I ever was. If Kenny honestly did made stuff up, It meant that I knew nothing about my Dad.

My Mum had made picnic, little cakes, two cherry pies and giant sandwiches. We ate in silence until she realized that my eyes were misty. She cleared her throat, took a deep breathe and said, 'Dave was one of a kind. He had a million good habits but he had bad ones too. But you should know, that having bad habits or making mistakes doesn't makes one bad. No one is flawless, but your Dad was a good man. He was always trying to be better, and that is one good thing many people don't do. It matters so much, that it would quite change the world if everyone tries to be better than they are'.