Ch. 18} Date Night

Erikas POV
So Jake has planned a date night for us tonight since we haven't been alone with each other on a date for almost three years. He hasn't told me anything and I hate that, but I still love him. At around 6 I start to get ready. I finish at 7 and I put this on.

 I walk out of our room and Jake grabs my hand as I walk out, he raises it to his lips and kisses it

I walk out of our room and Jake grabs my hand as I walk out, he raises it to his lips and kisses it. I smile and then kiss him. "Are you ready to go my Queen?" He asks, I reply with a small giggle and he leads me to the Tesla. He opens my door and I get in. We talk on our way to the date. We arrive at a small beachside restaurant and we walk in to an empty room with a table in the middle. On the table is a candle and some plates and silverware. He pulls my chair out and I sit down. He sits across from me and we talk a little before a waiter comes out and takes our orders. When the waiter walks away Jake grabs my hands from across the table. I look up at him and I see a soft smile spread across his face. This then makes me smile. We talk and our food comes. We eat and then talk for a bit again. After leaving the restaurant we decide to walk down the beach near the water. We take our shoes off and carry them with us as we hold hands. He then stops talking for a second, then asks, "Can I ask you a question?" I hesitate for a moment, "Sure...." He looks up at me and smiles, "Why are you so beautiful?" My nervousness goes away and I smile, "Well I can't really answer that, so I'll just do this." I kiss Jake and he kisses back. He pulls me closer to him by grabbing my waist and I giggle, "Ok, ok, we have to go somewhere else and do that" I say while still laughing. He pulls away and smiles then says, "Well lucky for us I got a hotel for tonight" He winks at me and then takes my hand in his. We walk to the car and check in at the hotel. We git in the elevator and Jake kisses me again, this time he pushes me against the wall of the elevator. I finally hear the ding of the elevator and he guides us to our room, when we get there I pull away. "Wait, wait, wait" I say, sighing knowing that he was a little disappointed. "Whats wrong?" He asks, I take a small breath and say, "I don't know, I just, it got a little harder to breathe for a second" I put my hand on my chest and sit on the bed. Jake sits next to me and hugs me, "Is it because of the baby?" I then remember, how could I forget? I look at him then put my hand on my stomach, I look down at the floor, "I'm sorry babe" I say, on the verge of tears. "No, baby, its not your fault, its ok" Jake says this as he holds my hand and tries to comfort me, this makes me more emotional and I lose it. I cry into Jakes shoulder as he hugs me. After a few moments I finally stop. Jake then pulls me down next to him and I climb on top of him. He grabs my hands and plays with them while talking to me, "I'm really sorry babe" I say to Jake looking down at what he is doing with my hands, "Like I said, its ok, I understand" He reassures. With that I pull my hands away and kiss him. Knowing what is happening he goes along with it.

After we get done I cuddle up to him and and puts his arm around me. I lay my head on his chest and we eventually fall asleep.

The next morning is rough, I felt like I was going to throw up, and my stomach hurt pretty badly. Jake tried to help but nothing worked. I eventually just laid in bed and fell asleep. When I woke up I felt pretty ok and I saw Jake in the other room on his laptop. I walk up behind him and scare him. He jumps and I giggle a little bit and then hug him.

Jake: how are you feeling?
Erika: fine now
Jake: do you think we should go see the girls yet?
Erika: oh yeah, they probably miss us
Jake: well then start getting ready
Erika: ok *kisses Jake* I love you
Jake: I love you too

Later on we check out of the hotel and get all of our stuff into the car. We drive to my moms house and walk in. When I walk in I realize its quiet, nothing. I walk around the corner and see the girls laying next to each other sleeping, as I realize them my mom walks in.

Angel: hey sweetie
Erika: hey mom
Angel: how did it go last night?
Erika: you don't wanna know
Angel: was it bad?
Erika: *laughs* it was anything but bad
Jake: *walks up behind Erika* it was hot
Angel: oh
Erika: I told you
Angel: good luck waking those two up, they were up pretty late last night crying for you guys
Erika: my poor babies *walks over to them and grabs Rose's hand* they're so cute
Angel: I'm not gonna lie you two make pretty cute kids
Jake: well there won't be two for very long so you're in luck
Angel: I still can't believe you two aren't even 30 yet and you already have three kids
Jake: we're also not even married
Erika: but we're happy and thats all that matter *walks over to Jake and hugs him*
Jake: we'll have to change that last name thing soon
Erika: *giggles*
Paisley: *sits up and rubs her eyes*
Erika: hey princess
Paisley: mommy?
Angel: yeah mommy's here!
Paisley: yay! *runs over to Erika*
Erika: *picks her up* hey big girl, I heard you didnt sleep well last night
Paisley: I still tired *lays her head on Erika's shoulder*
Erika: well you can go back to sleep when we get home
Paisley: *is asleep on Riks shoulder*
Erika: or now *smiles and kisses Paisley's forehead* babe will you grab Rose?
Jake: yeah *picks Rose up*

Rose wraps her arms around Jakes neck as she starts to fall back asleep. We say goodbye to my mom and put the girls in the car. When we get home we lay the girls down in their beds and hang out for a while. Paisley comes in and lays with us on our bed as we watch another movie. Then Rose comes in and does the same. Eventually Jake suggests we go to the beach and we start to get ready. We drive there, the girls squealing with excitement almost the entire ride. We get there and the girls run down to the playground next to it. We play with the girls and end up walking down the shore for a little. Then out of nowhere Jake asks if we can stop for a second. I say yes and ask whats wrong. He says nothing and then smiles. The girls start to get happy as if they know whats happening. Jake then gets down on one knee, he pulls out a ring box and holds it up to me. I put my hand over my mouth in shock. "Erika Michelanne Costell, you have made my life so much better since I met you, and I love you so much, but will you make me the happiest man in the world, and be my wife?" By this point I had basically started crying, I say yes and he puts the ring on my finger then gets back up. He kisses me and puts his hands on my hips, pulling me closer. We separate and Rose starts squealing.

Rose: yay!!!!
Erika: did you know about this?
Rose: YES!
Erika: and you didnt tell me?
Rose: nope! *she jumps up and down and hugs Jake and I*
Erika: Jake, I love you
Jake: and I love you

When he tells me this, his voice gets softer. I then realize, I'm the only one that gets to see this side of him, and I'm so lucky and happy that he chose me to ask. Out of everyone he could have asked, he asked me. Its such a blessing to have someone supporting me. I still can't believe this all is happening. We go home and put the girls to bed. We celebrate by having some drinks and watching romantic movies. Before I fall asleep I look over to see Jake looking at me smiling.

Erika: what?
Jake: nothing, just admiring whats mine

With that he smiles and then hugs me, I turn around and hug him back. We fall asleep, both happy as ever.

I DID IT!!! I wrote almost 2000 words like I did the other day, its not as detailed ad before but I still love this chapter so....🤷‍♀️ ily guys🖤