Ch. 19} Reality Hits

Erikas POV
Wow, today we are going to our first ultrasound to see our baby. I'm so excited, it will be Paisley's first time seeing a baby on a monitor. Rose is so excited to go to the appointment and so is Jake. We get ready and get the girls in the car. We start to drive and on our way we stop at a gas station to get some gas and a few snacks for the girls. After our appointment we have a long car ride ahead of us. We finally arrive at the appointment and head inside. We check in then wait with the girls in the waiting room. Eventually we get called and we walk into the room. The doctor tells me to lay on the bed and pull my shirt up. I do as she says and she starts to put the gel on my stomach. Paisley starts to get really excited and is jumping up and down.

Doctor: someone is excited to be a big sister *laughs*
Erika: yes she is, we surprised her with it on her birthday
Doctor: well that seems like a nice birthday present
Paisley: I loved it!!
Jake: shes been begging for it for forever
Doctor: thats how my son was before his sister was born, now all they do is fight *chuckles*
Jake: sounds like these two
Rose: we don't fight
Erika: yes you do
Rose: whatever
Doctor: is she getting into that "whatever" phase already?
Erika: yes, unfortunately
Doctor: alright well are you guys ready to see the baby?
Paisley: YES!
Doctor: ok, if you look right up here at this screen you'll be able to see it

She starts using the tool on my stomach and moves it around, eventually we see the baby and Paisley gets even more excited, she holds my hand as she looks in amazement at the monitor screen. I smile knowing that she'll be a great big sister. We get finished with the appointment and I help Paisley get in the car, when I'm making sure her seat belt is tight enough she touches my stomach and smiles.

Paisley: I'm happy mommy
Erika: I'm happy that you're happy

I rubs her cheek and then close the door. I climb into the front seat and buckle up.

Erika: that gel was cold
Jake: I could tell, your facial expression at first said it all *laughs*
Erika: oh shut up, at least its better than yours during you know what
Jake: kids in the car babe
Erika: why do you think I said it that way?
Jake: can you put in the address on the gps?
Erika: yeah *does what Jake says*

We drive for a while longer. The girls start to get bored from coloring and watching youtube so they start to whine. We decide to stop at a park and let them play for a little. We get back in the car and drive for about two hours more and we arrive at our destination. Wow, I love this place already. The girls are going to have so much fun.

Where do you think they're at? Find out in the next chapter!!! Ily guys🖤