In Spite Of All The Danger - 11

July 3rd 1960
——————————

"Happy birthday, Finn."
The first thing I heard on my way out the door to school.

I look up and am met with the droopy eyes of one Paul McCartney. We always walk together but he never comes to meet me at my house.

"What are you doing here?"

"Walking you to school, as usual?" He asked unsure of what the girl meant.

She smiled, "thanks."

"Well I always walk you to school, but ok."

She rolled her eyes, "no, for wishing me happy birthday, even though it was a couple of days ago. "

"Oh, right. Well since you were visiting family on the 2nd, we all decided we'd pretend it was today," He said raising his eyebrows, "y'know, since it's yer party n'all."

He reached for one of his pockets on the inner part of his blazer. He pulled out a small rectangular item, wrapped in brown wrapping.

He handed it to the younger girl, "you shouldn't have gotten me owt."

"Dot pitched in too y'know."

She rolled her eyes and unwrapped the brown packaging, it revealed a small black notepad.

"John told us about how much you like painting and we saw the picture you did for George." The two of them started walking, "we thought you probably got sick of the paper turning soggy, so me and Dot got the bus to Manchester and found some special paper."

The bony girl jumped on the older boy, engulfing him in a hug to which he hugged her back.

"Alright."

The two broke away after hearing the voice of George Harrison approaching them.

"Hi George." Finn smiled to the taller boy.

He returned her smile, "happy birthday, Finn."

As they all carried on their walk to school, george quietly said to Finn, though loud enough for her to hear, "I'll give you your gift after."

When they arrived at the institute, the two older boys told the girl to wait for them after school.

➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿

It was currently a 3:27 in the afternoon, Finn was sat at the bus stop, the girls bus had arrived around 25 minutes ago but she'd promised George and Paul she'd wait for them.

She was drawing random things in her new notebook. She hadn't done any work at school due to spending her whole day filling up pages with doodles.

The nearby bell rang from the boys school. Finn simply dismissed it, knowing that Paul and George would arrive school.

A pair of feet placed themselves in front of Finn, "whatcha got there, ey?"

A large hand came and grabbed the notebook from the girls lap, causing her to stand up in shock, "give that back!" She called stubbornly to the boy holding it.

It was a taller boy who went to the institute, he had curly, auburn hair and bright blue eyes, he was flipping through the book, sniggering whilst holding it away from the young girl.

Finn went to grab it but was she did, another hand reached for her behind. She yelped at the sudden contact, turning around to be met with another pair of green eyes, also sniggering along with the boy.