Kenneth and the Queen- Chapter 7

                The only thing I heard about the entire week was Kenny and Christy’s Big Waterpark Adventure. Christine had called her cousin and he was going to come for a surprise visit and document our trip to the waterpark. It worked out perfect since he had a project for one of his classes due soon. He was just going to use the footage from the waterpark. Christine had actually talked him into titling it Kenny and Christy’s Big Waterpark Adventure.

                Bridgett and my mom were both up for it and my sisters were so excited about it that they couldn’t stand it. Christine had found a waterpark about an hour away. It wasn’t that bad of a drive but with Reece, Ashley, and Christine cooped up in one vehicle who knows what would happen.

                “Tomorrow it’s time for the waterpark!” Reece shouted. I think besides Christine, Reece was the most excited. Christine was over for dinner that night and she yelled right alongside Reece and then Ashley joined in. Usually Ashley acted like she was too cool for family stuff but she was really excited about this trip.

                Earlier in the evening Christine had shown the girls pictures of the park from the park’s website. So now they knew what slides and other attractions were available. They continued asking questions about the slides all night.

                Once dinner was over Christine retreated to Ashley’s room with Ashley and Reece. Ashley seemed to really like Christine and maybe even look up to her. They got along great. It was a good thing because it would just make everyone miserable if they didn’t get along. Christine tried to be a little more tame and normal around my sisters though. But they mostly do girly things together like paint fingernails and watch Disney movies. It works out great though because Ashley has a good role model and Christine gets to do girly stuff every once in a while.

                I went to bed early since we had to get up and leave early. I heard giggling from Ashley’s room for a while but it finally stopped and I finally went to sleep.

                Morning seemed to come way too early. I felt like I just went to sleep, for crying out loud! I knew we would be leaving soon when I was woken up by three people jumping on my bed.

                “Wakey, Wakey!”  Reece shouted.

                “Get up, sleepy head!” Ashley yelled.

                I finally rose up letting them know I was awake.

                “Morning, Sunshine!” Christine greeted as she continued jumping on the bed. “We gotta eat then leave! So hurry up and get ready!” she hopped off the bed and my sisters followed her out of my room. “He’s awake!” Christine yelled down the stairs.

                “Thank you, girls!” my mom shouted back in reply.

                I knew if I didn’t get up they would come back so I got out of bed then got ready for Kenny and Christy’s Big Waterpark Adventure.

*-*

                “Alright, let’s film the beginning.” Clay said as he pulled out his camera. Bridgett and Clay had come to our house so we could all ride together. Mom drove her van while Bridgett sat in the passenger’s seat. Christine, Reece, and I were in the middle row and Clay and Ashley were in the back.

                Bridgett had told us how surprised she had been to open the door to Clay so early in the morning. She was elated when he said that Christine had invited him along and that he was staying home for a few days.