Newt x reader ~ unison

Requested by: Madifnafs

Enjoy!

-

'Watch it.' Newt laughed while you avoided tripping over one of the creatures in his basement. 'You really have to be more careful.' He grinned.

You couldn't help bring a little clumsy around him. Newt was a big distraction. You had been best friends ever since you met at Hogwarts. You had lost contact but managed to find each other again. You had been spending lost of time together ever since.

'Sorry.' You laughed while getting a better hold of the food your were holding.

You two were about to feed the new baby creatures that were recently born. You loved being down here with him. It brought back many Hogwarts memories.

'There's no need to be sorry. You've always been clumsy.' Newt grinned.

'I can't help it.' You grinned with red cheeks.

You both stopped and sat down. You watched the mum with her babies approaching you right away. Newt saw the wonderful smile that appeared on your face as soon as these creatures came near you.

He thought you looked beautiful. The way you handled the creatures. The way you smiled and pet them. How excited you got when there were new ones or when you could feed them. Newt stared at the side of your face as he watched you enjoy the experience. You turned to him and smiled shyly.

'What?' You asked him.

'Nothing.' He said while looking away.

He quickly picked up one of the tiny creatures. He went right back to the level of shy he was around you when you two first met. You looked away from him and got up.

'Is she doing okay?' You asked.

Newt looked up.

'Yes. The mother is fine.'

'I'm not talking about her.' You said. 'I'm asking about Tina. You gave her the copy of your book, right?'

You were actually a little jealous of Tina. Newt and Tina seemed to really like each other. A few days ago an article came out stating that Newt was engaged to Leta while that was Theseus.

'She hasn't spoken to me since. I don't get why. Maybe because of that article. Not even a letter. It's okay though.'

You turned to Newt.

'I thought you liked her.'

'Where did you get an idea like that?' He asked. 'I don't like her.'

You sat back down. It was quiet for a moment.

'I need to talk to you about something.' You then both spoke at the same time.

You looked at each other and laughed.

'You go first.' You smiled.

'No, you go first.' Newt grinned.

'Well who's gonna go first?'

You two started talking through each other. You couldn't hear a single thing. You both looked at each and before you knew it something happened.

'Okay, listen.' You said while Newt was still talking.

'I think I'm in love with you.' You spoke in unison.

You two looked at each other in shock. Newt placed the creature back onto the ground before looking back at you.

'Did that just happen?' He asked.

You laughed and little and nodded.

'Listen Newt.. when we met again I was just overjoyed to have my best friend back.. but I've fallen for you in the time we've spend together.' You said. 'You keep distracting me, you're making me clumsy but you also make me feel happy every time I see you.'

Newt smiled a little.

'I've never been able to share this with anyone. These creatures.. No one really ever understood me. I'm glad to have you back in my life. I've always been proud to have someone like you with me.'

Newt hesitated a bit and gently grabbed your hand. You moved a little closer to him and smiled. He leaned in and pressed his lips against yours.