VII : Affection

The 'girl talk' had become the least of your worries now. As Mina reminded you of your interaction with Hanta before all of this, you realized (with the help of the other girls) that he must mean business if he wanted to see you alone.

"Maybe it's a confession!" Tooru exclaimed, practically squealing and jumping up and down, hugging herself to contain a fraction of her excitement. "That would be so cute! Sero's not the best looking, but he seems so sweet at times!"

"Oi! The hell do you mean, 'Sero's not the best looking'?" You subconsciously defended. "Are you blind? Have you seen his smile? Or just him in general? He's pretty! Really pretty, in fact!"

"Are you sure you're not the one who'll be confessing?" Tsuyu teased, a smug smirk on her frog-like features.

"I don't like him like that!" You sneered. "Come on, I haven't known him for that long yet."

"Ochaco hasn't known Midoriya for that long yet and look at her go!" Mina accused. "It's okay if you like him, (Y/N)! The two of you would be cute together!"

While Uraraka was madly blushing and trying to deny Ashido's statement, your defensive side completely left you as you quietly muttered a shy 'really?'.

"Ladies of the jury, she likes him!" The pink skinned teen concluded.

"Okay, maybe I do!" You shot back, deciding to play the shameless card instead. "So what? Nothing'll ever happen, so it's not like I have a chance. And besides, we're in a hero school. Our main focus is training, not romance."

"But it doesn't hurt every now and then, does it?" Momo joined in. "I myself don't want to get into anything, but I want to hear every detail one of you has to offer if you ever get with someone!"

"Me too!" Ochaco and Tooru exclaimed while Tsuyu nodded. Mina gave you a proud look as you pouted.

"I wouldn't want to annoy Kyoka..." That excuse was pathetic, but she was the only one who hadn't said anything yet.

"Who said I didn't want in on the gossip?" The dark haired girl spoke up, giving you a shit eating grin. "Whatever it takes to get some entertainment around here."

"You guys are terrible!" You exclaimed while crossing your arms over your chest. How could Jirou betray you? You thought she was more loyal than that!

"Yeah, yeah!" Mina then turned around to glance at the clock by your bedside, gasping. "(Y/N), it's 7:55! You're going to be late!"

"Wha- Oh, crap!" You jumped up, quickly fixing your clothes before shooting Mina a half serious glare. "You're still awful."

"You can tell us all about how awful we are after your date with Sero; now shoo! He'll think you ditched him or something!" The pink haired girl started pushing you towards the door, practically kicking you out of your own room. Was that even allowed..?

"It's not a date!"

"I'm looking in the future, my dear!"

With that, you were tossed out of your own bedroom and the door slammed behind you. You stood there in awe of what just occurred until Momo yelled out "Go!", meaning you still had yet to move a muscle and join Sero downstairs.

With a final sigh, your legs cooperated and you found yourself opening the front door to the dorms, being instantly met with a pair of half relieved, half worried eyes.

"Ah, thank goodness..." Sero's tense shoulders seemed to relax as he rubbed his face with his hand. "I thought you wouldn't show up at all..."