IV : Accidentally Prepared

"Guyyss!" Hagakure squealed from beside you. "It's todaay!" Her excitement was a perfect example of how the entire class was feeling. Even Bakugou seemed a little more irritable than usual, which meant he was looking forward to the mystery activity too.

    "I still have no clue on what we'll be doing for the competition." You muttered, nerves getting a hold of you. Sure, the activity seemed fun, but the nagging in the back of your head kept whispering that this would be total, unadulterated social suicide.

    "Maybe it's a race?" Ochaco wondered out loud.

    "No, I hardly think so." Tokoyami thoughtfully muttered. "It's supposed to make us think of 1-B as friends rather than ennemies. It must be something with little importance, like a game of tag."

    "Even there, you can bet your ass that Monoma's going to take it way  too seriously." You added, sighing. What a blonde little bitch he was.

    "Like always... Really, it's nothing new." Kaminari murmured. You heard the words 'blonde bitch' escape his lips and choked back a snort. You were glad to hear that you weren't the only one thinking that way.

    "Maybe it's a dance-off." Sero suggested, giving you a small grin when he noticed a small tinge of pink on your cheeks. Ever since your shared moment in the library, he was unable to take his mind off it. It was an unforgettable moment to him, one he wished he could relive again and again. 'God, this crush is getting out of hand...'  He mentally scolded. Was it creepy that the littlest things reminded him of you? He hoped not. He hoped that the fact that he downloaded the song the two of you danced to wasn't creepy either.

    "As if!" Bakugou exclaimed. "What are you, stupid? This is a hero school!"

    "Well, you're not far off there..." Hanta sarcastically agreed, causing you to gasp.

    "Oi!" You warned. "That's total bullshit, I witnessed it first hand!"

    "Will you two get a room already?!" Mina exclaimed with annoyance laced in her tone. "This ain't a rom-com." 

    Both you and Sero froze up at her undirect yet clear accusations, neither of you brave enough to talk back to her. You instead decided to direct your attention to the clock, silently wishing Aizawa would arrive to guide you all  to the designated meet-up point where the activity/competition would take place.

    "Anyways..." Midoriya started, noticing your embarrassed expressions. "Who's partnered up with who?" Ah, thank the lord for the sweet boy that is Midoriya Izuku. And thank goodness you had the logic to keep Bakugou from killing him, otherwise he wouldn't have flown to your rescue like he just had.

    "I'm with Kaminari!" Mina cheered, her arm flinging onto the blonde boy's shoulder.

    "Momo and I are together, as well." Jirou's soft voice rang out. "I figured since we can't plan anything in advance for this activity, I might as well team up with someone smart." A few places behind her, the raven haired girl blushed bright red at the truthful praise. You could barely hold back a smile at the sweet girls.

    "I wanted to be with Sero," Mineta muttered, almost shooting you a glare. That was until you returned his gaze with an icy stare. You were glad you got to keep Sero away from that creep for once.

    Before you could use your sharp tongue against him, Iida spoke up. "I took the responsibility of teaming up with Mineta!"

    All the girls wiped a fake tear away before chanting together; "So brave, Iida..." Truly, was there a single female in class who could tolerate the purple pervert? No. No, there was not.