Chapter 11

Mitchell's POV

I stand in my office, my front facing the large glass window with my arms crossed over my chest.

I keep thinking about Ari.

Ever since I've met her, I've wanted to date her and I thought I had the chance until she changed her mind.

I could give her everything she wants, money, fame, a family, a job, a house, a vacation, Love, literally anything.

I tried out what Brittany said and got her attention, but even being a billionaire or a ceo can't get you everything you want. Many would say, I could date models and celebrities but I don't want that.

I want to fall in love with one girl, to feel what it feels like to fall in love, and start a family.

I want Ari, but she doesn't want me.

She's everything I want in a girl, but she's a girl I can't have.

She wants a guy who doesn't wear suits, doesn't work in an office, she doesn't want a ceo.

Maybe that's what makes me want her more, is because she's rejected me more than once.

Brittany thinks it's really funny.

Throwback

I walk into the coffee shop and find Brittany at the front counter like usual, making coffee.

"Hey Mitch, got any news for me?" She smirks.

"Well I hung out with Ari last night, after she rejected me." I look at her.

"So what does that make you two?" She raises an eyebrow, looking confused.

"We're friends, maybe we could become best friends?"

Brittany laughs.

"So you want to be one of those guys that becomes best friends with a girl and they fall in love with each other?" She asks curiously.

"Well I mean, it wouldn't hurt but that's not necessarily the intention." I scratch the back of my neck.

"Just admit, your trying all the things I suggested to get her attention, she told you she's not ready to date, she's not into your type and now you're thinking of going the friend route and offering her a job at your firm?" She looks at me like she just pieced together a puzzle.

"Fine." I roll my eyes.

"I'm right?" She asks, eyes wide.

"Yeah, I want to date Ari and make her mine but I realized playing the billionaire ceo, rich guy card isn't going to work. Plus I sort of have competition." I mumble.

"What kind of competition?" Brittany is clearly interested in hearing about this.

"There's this guy she's friends with at her university named Justin and he's into her, making a move on her and he's in her class, he has a better shot than me." I sigh.

"You can get her, Mitchell, just take it slow don't rush it and let her fall for you, make her see who you truly are." This is one of the only times Brittany has been serious with giving me advice.

"Thanks Britt."

"I bet $50 you two will get married within 2 years!"

"Give me time, gotta win her over first, but your on." I smirk.

End of throwback.

After thinking back to what Brittany said, I realize she's right and I need to take me time to win Ari over, to make her mine.

Maybe working together will bring us closer together.

I admit, I really hope Brittany wins that bet.