fifteen | let me in

"let go of me!" I struggled to loosen the grip on my small wrists. "Oh you're not going anywhere little girl," a harsh and brittle voice cooed above me.

I had arms wrapped around my waist and I could feel rough hands patting me down, I assume looking for money. I shivered as tears rolled down my cheeks. I just want to go home. "Please let me go, I'll give you anything, I'll give you money but please let me go?"

"Oh little sweet girl, we don't want moneyyy." He pulled up close to my face, his breathe smelt of cigarettes and I pulled away in disgust. "Oh no, we want something worth so so much moreeee," he winked at me and at that moment I thought I was going to vomit. How dare he. "You are a disgusting disgrace of a human being and the fact that you think you can say that to me?"

I had finally pulled my wrists free at this moment and I was stood, arms by my side with about five men stood in front of me eyes wide. "Now, unless you want me to call the police I advice you that you let me walk away," my heart was racing and I couldn't take it anymore. I walked away as fast as I could, I just did that. I. Just. Did. That.

~ ~ ~

I could hardly catch my breathe, I'd been running for so long. I'm pretty sure I'd taken a few wrong turns but I had to make it to Baker Street, for Anne I kept telling myself. For Anne.

I finally saw the green sign with the street I wanted written across it and I followed the street lights down the pavement as they lit my way. I ran down the pavement, hardly being able to see a thing. Where is she? I was starting to get worried, if I had lost her I wouldn't know what to do. I don't think I'd sleep. Only because she's such a good friend and I'd be a bit lonely on this trip.

"Oh Anne, where are you?"

~~~

Tears started to form in my eyes, I had just done that yes. But if I hadn't of stuck up for myself I don't even want to imagine what kind of situation I'd be in right now. And as for knight in shining armour ha! I don't need a man to save the day for me. Yet even if I wanted or needed one, no one would ever want me to be their princess so it's useless.

I turned down Baker Street, id come this way so I was hoping it would lead me back to the hotel. Chills were passing down my arm, I pulled my phone out, it was about 11:00pm and I had received millions of texts from Diana and Cole, I spotted one from Cole asking if I needed a condom? "What?" I chuckled to myself. I put my phone back in my pocket as I continued to walk down the pavement, all my surroundings unfamiliar so I had no idea where I was going until my eyes met a familiar face.

~~~
I continued walking down the pavement, my palms now sweaty, why was i so worried? But in that moment my chest fell in relief.  There she was, her red hair glowing in the moonlight and her beautiful eyes beaming. Beautiful?

"Gilbert? What are you doing here?" She looked from one eye to the other in confusion "Well I came looking for you obviously," I stuttered, did she not need my help?

"Why would you come looking for me?"

"I guess I thought it was late and I didn't want anything to happen to you,"

"What? Why?"

"Because anne you're a good friend and yeah,"

"Oh right yeah, but also I was fine on my own?"

"Is that why you've been crying?" I looked into her eyes for answers but all I got was a roll and a push.

"Back off blythe!" She was breathing heavily now and more tears were rolling, but for once I couldn't help it. I try so hard.

"No."

"What?" She scoffed

"I said no, I'm not going to back off. I came out here to see if you're alright. I'm not then going to back off. I came out here because I care anne! You always said how you'd love someone to care and guess what! People do care! I care for goodness sake and here you are telling me to back off. Don't you see! I'm right here! I've always been here! Me, gilbert fucking Blythe. So I think for once you should thank me. It takes nothing but two words."

"Gil-"

"And you know what else you should do? Let people in. I know you've had a hard past, guess what so have I! I lost my dad a few weeks ago and I'm sure you'd understand what that's like. So I told people I talked about and I still miss him but I can smile and I'm happy. So I think you should let people in. Let me in for God's sake anne. Talk to me because I know you're not alright. I know you aren't."
I couldn't take my eyes off her and I could feel the tears in my eyes too. I wanted to just go home at this point. To forget this whole night but also I wanted it to stay in graved in my memory for infinity because that was the moment I realised.

I had a crush on Anne Shirley Cuthbert.

______________________________

a/n sorry for not updating in a while :((

also thank you so much for 1.4k reads thats actually insane !!! <3

I didn't really know where this was going but yeah, hope you enjoyed this

comment what you'd like to happen in upcoming chapters or what you think will happen :)

- han xo