Chapter 11: The Known Alien

Jack was now very concerned about this dangerous stowaway that may have possibly happened due to their visit to Aldonia. He was very much aware of the day that they returned and the eerie encounter that he had in their sleeper in the camp. Jack quickly filled Miles in with the incident that he thought may be of some use.

Jack recalled and said "That day when we returned to the camp after our visit to Aldonia, we were all very exhausted from the trip and my cousins and sister had fallen asleep not soon after when we went inside the sleeper."

"I, on the other hand was feeling a bit uneasy and I think I also fell asleep for a while. I woke up feeling very heavy all of a sudden. It was as if I had a huge boulder the size of Newmore on my chest. I was finding it very hard to breathe. It was almost as if I was suffocating for a while."

"I did not understand if I was awake or asleep. I tried waking up but it felt I was already awake yet I could not respond as much as I wanted to respond. I tried to open my eyes wide when I heard the knock on the door, but I could not feel my eyelids. I strained my ears trying to hear anything, anything at all."

Miles intervened quickly "Jack, did you happen to get up and answer the door or open the door while this was happening?"

Jack replied "I remember fumbling around in the dark as I made my way to the door since I could not find my torch or any light. As I reached the door, I recall the knocking stopped. I opened it and found my torch outside the door."

Miles gulped a very audible gulp and it seemed face seemed devoid of any life for a while. Jack caught the fear that had enveloped Miles and a little shiver went down his spine also.

Miles continued from where Jack left off "Did you turn around and feel some sort of string or web on yourself or in the sleeper when you returned with the torch?"

Now it was Jack's turn to gulp in fear as he nodded and replied "I picked up the torch and looked around outside but did not see anyone there. As I turned to return to my bed, I brushed past some of the stringy weby thing. That got my attention since it was not there when I went the same way to open the door. Why what was it, Miles?"

Miles put on a brave face and said "Well, the good news is now we surely know what escaped from the Darkest field from Aldonia. The bad news is it is still not captured and it had returned to Aldonia. It hijacked the ASV and we don't know what it might be using it for. The creatures from the Darkest field can override most of the things that are usually secure from inhabitants of other fields in Aldonia. They can also mask themselves so well also that they are able to escape the trace that Aldonia might initiate on them."

Miles continued "I think I may already know what they were trying to get from the shelter. If they were in the shelter before, we can be sure as light, that thing that they are after, will not be there anymore." As he stared at the shelter entrance that they had walked up to from the river bank.