Chapter 18: The path of Darkness

"Only way to do this, is to see and trace the movement that the Faliginox may have taken. My sensors are showing me that the shelter grounds do not currently show the peak levels that may suggest the presence of Faliginox. However, this result is being marred by the deposits of darkness in the animals that he had come across with. So while the readings are not definitive of his presence, they also do not show that he is not present here." Miles said.

Jack boldly suggested "I remember from the science experiment that we did in school using a torch. That experiment showed that light was most intense at its source and it gradually became less intense as the light spread further from it."

Miles commended Jack on his interest in his school work "That's excellent Jack. Now if we take the same understanding and apply it to darkness, then that will demonstrate to us that the darkness is the most intense furthest from the light and vice versa. Afterall, light is the absense of darkness, isn't it?"

Jack's perplexion about darkness disappeared in light of Mile's explanation and was now clear as daylight for him. "So all we have to do is to detect the intensity of the darkness from the trace so we can see where Faliginox is heading to, right Miles?"

"That is the idea, Jack. But as with every great idea, this is only a theory right now until we use it to determine our outcome. You may be more familiar with the concept of objectives and conclusions. Methodology brings you from your objective to your conclusion.We have our objective and conclusion. Now we have to determine the most efficient way to do get to our conclusion."

"And don't worry, you will not have to do a report for this objective, method and conclusion." Chuckled Miles. "I am sensing your flash backs to your science reports as I was telling you about that."

Jack quickly picked up "So..how do we find him Faliginox? Run the trace from here and see where it leads us."

"You are picking up quite quickly, Jack" a impressed Miles responded. "I will run the trace with help from Aldonia and we should be able to know which way he has headed to?"