Falling Apart || Ratchet X Cybertronian!Reader

"What do you mean you're joining the army!?" He shouted

"I mean what I said!" You shouted back, anger fuming from your gears. "I am tired of sitting around and doing nothing! Even Orion has decided to take a stand!"

"But you don't need to do this (Y/N)!" Ratchet yelled back. "You don't need to put your life on the line-"

"But I want to Ratchet!" You finally confessed. "I want to be apart of this! I need to be a part of this! I'll be obsolete in a stellar-cycle!"

He took a few stumbled steps back in shock, "What?" He said just over a whisper. You said nothing, looking at the scuffed ground, the grey walls, the shining city lights in the dark of Iacon; anywhere but him. "What?" He asked louder this time.

"I'll be obsolete in the next stellar-cycle. I'll be sent to be refitted, to the mines, or worst case - the smelter, if I don't stand by Megatronus now. There are so many others like me who are going to be discarded without a thought! The functionists are coming for my spark, Ratchet, and so many others along with me. I've heard Megatronus speak- I've heard him dozens of times, just as Orion does. He's on his way to making a change- a good one that can keep from people living in fear."

"But that change doesn't have to end in war!"

"Then how else are we supposed to change all of Cybertron!?"

"We'll think of something- Orion will-!"

"He's the only one who can't see that we're all out of options!" You said, nearly snarling. "I'm sorry, I really wished that there could've been another way."

"(Y/N)." Ratchet said, his tone turning deathly calm but his EM field fluctuating with emotional hostility. "If you walk out that door, I'm not joining you- I won't keep saving your aft from these stupid decisions!"

You opened your intake before closing it again. Then, settling on words that would leave the largest impact, "You were one of my stupid decisions though, weren't you?" You said, optics downcast and walking out of the rusty old clinic on the west side of Iacon.

As you walked out of the creaky sliding doors of clinic, Ratchet bit his lip-plates; his eyes were downcast and his plating trembling. He let Orion Pax walk out those same doors in the same fashion with similar words and he lost his best friend to the sweet words of the same gladiator. He would not be so foolish as to make the same mistake again. Not again.

"(Y/N)!" He called out, running after you out the clinic's rusted doors. He didn't know what he was going to say to make you stay - but he couldn't let you leave without telling you how much he needed you to stay with him. His eyes met with your stilled back-plates. You stood tall on the quiet street in the outskirts of Iacon; your head dipping but your shoulders stiff. "Please, I can't loose you too."

Gathering up your courage and taking a deep in-vent, you turned around too meet his optics. "I'm sorry, Ratchet. I love you, but I can't turn my back on the people who need me..." You transformed quickly before he could coax you into staying and you took off into the night, leaving him to contemplate his failure of protecting the ones he loved.