Chapter 3

I left the office just after seven that night and my back was killing me, because Stefano De Luca decided to pile some papers on my desk an hour before I had to leave. "Type these out and e-mail them before you go home," he says before walking away.

I open the door to our apartment that evening and hear Mia call out to me so I walked to our small living room. Mia was busy texting on her phone and I sit down tiredly. "You looking tired sis, let me get you some food," she says. She left the room and came back with my Chinese food and I smiled gratefully. I start eating my food hungrily. "What the hell did your boss do to you that you so worn out and hungry," she says and I choked on my food.

Mia jumps up and gave me a glass of water and I gulped it down. "Ok, now I know for a fact something happened today. Did your sexy boss make a pass at you or something." I looked at her as if she was crazy. "Don't be ridiculous Mia, everybody knows my boss only goes for Barbie dolls with nothing between the ears." I start telling her about the argument between father and son and how my boss asked me why I don't like him much and what I said back to him. For some reason I kept it to myself about him being half naked and my feelings towards it.

I finish the rest of my food and got up tiredly. "I hope you don't mind Mia, but I'm gonna have a shower, then I'm off to bed, because I bet Mr De Luca will have a pile of work for me again tomorrow." She nods her head. "Oh wait, I almost forgot to tell you the good news," Mia says and I turned to her. "Remember I told you a few weeks ago about the Charity Ball and how I would of loved to go, because its a Masquerade Ball, well I got us some tickets. Its next week and Friday, so please tell me that you will go with me."

I close my eyes for a second, then look into Mia's pleading eyes. "Mia, where will we get the clothes from to go to this thing." She smiles and said that she have thought about that, then she remembered all moms dresses and masks that was send to us after we've settled in Italy. Our parents used to love these type of things. I forgot that Mia kept most of our mothers things. "We can go through the dresses and masks over the weekend and I just know there would be something for us to wear between mom's things. I nod my head tiredly and started walking out the room, then stop. I turn back to Mia. "Mia, where exactly is this Ball." She claps her hands excitedly. "I told you before Mona, its at the City  Hall. They have it there, because its large enough to host a big crowd. You do know this is the Charity of the year, because tonight all the big money will attend. The money goes to new equipment for the hospital, some of it will go for science to help finding a cure for certain diseases."

Oh gosh, its the same Masquerade Ball my boss was going too. I look at Mia's excited face and think to myself. 'How can I break her heart and not go. Its a big place and if I walk into him, I could act as if I don't know him. Didn't Mia said that we wearing masks. Why not, even if he knows who I am, this is my private life and has nothing to do with him.' I made up my mind and smiled at Mia. "I'm looking forward to go through moms things, maybe we will find  the perfect dresses."

I hear her squeal like a little girl and smiled as I walk to the bathroom and had a quick shower. I got into bed and closed my eyes. 'Do I make you nervous,' I hear his voice in my ear. I snap my eyes open. Holy crap, where did that come from. My mind went back to seeing him without his shirt. No, no, no, I can't think like that. I sit up in bed and reached for the bottle of water next to my bed. Why the hell would I be getting thoughts in my mind about my boss. Its that naked chest of his.

I lie down again and closed my eyes. I need this sleep so much. I don't know how long I was tossing and turning, but eventually I fell asleep.

A/N:
Hi guys, please vote for my book and follow me.