Chapter 24

On Wednesday evening I sat with Mia on the couch and we talked about the baby. I told her that I've told Diablo everything and that he promised to be there when I break the news to Stefano.

While we were still talking, Diablo phoned her and I went to the kitchen to tidy up. A short while later she came to the kitchen with a big smile on her face. "Diablo said to let you know that they would be back tomorrow sometime and that they would be going to the office first. I will see him tomorrow night. I hope you don't mind, but we going out on a date." I nod my head at her, but wasn't really listening. "Mona, are you alright, you seem to have spaced out. I know that you are scared of telling Stefano, but get it out in the open, if he doesn't accept it, then the hell with him."

I look at Mia and smiled. "Yeah, you right sis, the hell with him if he can't accept his baby. We will take care of this little one," I said while rubbing over my stomach. We both laughed and tidy the kitchen together before going to bed. Oh my word, I'm so nervous for tomorrow.

I rolled around half the night and get ready for work the next morning nervously. Everything could change today. Mia left for work already, so I got in my car and drove to work. I tried keeping myself busy all day, but everytime someone comes in or if I hear any noises, I look around nervously. It was just after lunchtime that Diablo walks in with a big smile on his face and he came straight to my desk and hugged me, so I hugged him back. He told me that Stefano will be in shortly, because he had to take some document to their parents first and I sigh in relieve.

"Mona, I'm gonna ask Mia to be my wife and I hope you will accept me in your family. I've asked her out on a date to propose tonight." He takes out the ring and shows it to me and I laugh, telling him that I'm over the moon and accept him as part of the family. We both looked down at the ring and I told him how beautiful it is. Neither of us saw Stefano come into the office, so we carried on talking. "I still can't believe that you pregnant and that I'm gonna be an u..."

"You pregnant," we hear Stefano's voice and the shock of hearing him shouting at us, made me see spots infront of me and I fainted. I don't know for how long I was out, but was woken by voices shouting at each other. I realise that I was in Stefano's office and groaned. I hear him demand from Diablo who the father was, but Diablo stayed tight-lipped and that seemed to drive Stefano crazy.

They haven't realised that I have woken up yet, so I sit up. Both men turned towards me and I see Diablo sigh. Stefano walks closer to me and I could see that he was very angry. Why would he be angry anyway. "Who the hell is the father of your baby," he demands from me and I started getting nervous. "Stefano, calm down and let Mona explain to you what's going on," Diablo tried to reason with him, but Stefano's temper just spiked at that moment.

"Don't you dare tell me what to do brother. I wanna know what man she slept with to fall pregnant or does she even know who the father is. At first I thought that the baby was yours, but I don't think you would be stupid enough..."

I was so mad at Stefano that I jumped up and faced him. "Do you wanna know who the father is Stefano, you are the father of my child." He looks at me shocked, then burst out laughing. "Yeah sure, blame me, but I can assure you that I'm not the father of your bastard child, although I wouldn't of mind to have you underneath me." I slapped him so hard in the face that he nearly lost his balance. "Don't you ever call my child a bastard again Stefano, because he has a father. Let me refresh your memory for you. The girl you slept with the night of the Ball, do you remember her, well that girl was me, so I'm so sorry to burst your little bubble."

Stefano looked like he have just seen a ghost, but I was so mad at him for calling our baby a bastard that I didn't care, so I brushed past him and walked out of his office. Oh well, I should probably start looking for another job, because I don't think I would have a job after today. Realization hits me hard at that moment and tears came to my eyes. How would I be able to provide for my baby if Stefano fires me.