Chapter 29

I'm standing infront of my closet and smiled to myself. Yesterday Stefano made no secret how he felt about other men showing interest in me. I would never get involve with any of them of course, but just seeing a different side of him, was something new to me.

I decided on a long black pencil skirt and a yellow top. I end it off with a short black jacket and search around for shoes. Why should I hide myself from the world, just because Stefano is unhappy over the way I dress. I brush my hair out and decided to leave it loose as it is, so I look at my watch, grab my bag and leave our apartment. Luckily Mia started working early, because I know for a fact that she will have something to say.

I got into the elevator at work and press the button to go up, while feeling nervous all of a sudden. Just before the door closed, it was stopped by a hand who reaches out and I see Diablo. He looks at me and a huge smile spreads over his face. "Ahh Mona, how are you today. I take it you on your way up." I nod my head at him and in silence we went up in the elevator. The doors open and we both get out. I sigh audibly as I see Stefano's door close and hear Diablo's laugh behind me, so I turn around and gave him the finger, which made him laugh harder.

I walk to my desk and put my bag down before realising that he followed me. "What's up Diablo," I asked him. "Well, as you know, I'm engaged to Mia now, but my family wants to have a little get together over the weekend. Its gonna be like an engagement party with friends and family and it would mean a lot to me and Mia if you could come as well."

I smiled at him then. "Of course I'll be there, Mia is my sister after all." He clears his throat. "Uh...you do know that Stefano will also be there, because he is my brother, after all." I laugh at him for mimicking my words. "Don't worry Diablo, I will behave, as long as Stefano can do the same."

He laughs and said that he will give me the details later this week. We started talking about other things and a short while later a young man walks in and before I could say anything, Diablo walks towards him and pulled him in a hug and I knew then that they knew each other. "Mona, I want you to meet an old friend of us. Filleppi grew up with us and is the naughty one of the group."

Filleppi laughs, "don't listen to Diablo tesoro(sweetheart), he is just jealous that I've always been the sexy one of the group." I laugh then and immediately liked him. He takes my hand in his and kiss my palm lightly. "I have to say, if I knew that Stefano had such a beautiful assistant, I would of been here a long time ago."

"You wasting your time friend, she is already taken." We all look in the direction of the voice and saw Stefano walking towards us, his eyes on Filleppi's hand still in mine. I pull my hand from his and put it in my lap. Filleppi looks at me and frowned, then his eyes went to Stefano. Suddenly he smiles. "Stefano, good to see you my friend. What were you up to this last few years, except for the things in the tabloids and why have you never told me about your beautiful assistant."

"Filleppi, you know better than believing everything you read in the tabloids, but let me be the first to inform you that I'm gonna be a father." He walks around the desk and pulled me up and into his arms and I could see Filleppi standing with his mouth open. "You gonna be a father, you, the guy that always played the notorious bachelor, decided to settle down, no I don't believe you. What happened to change you."

I feel my face heat up at his words and tried pulling away from Stefano, but of course, he had a death grip on me, so I just look down and listen to the conversation."Filleppi, you have met the mother of my unborn baby, because you see, that girl is Mona." I could feel all eyes on me, but couldn't look up.

"Are you for real," I hear from Filleppi. "Of course, why should I joke around over something like this. In fact, Mona is gonna be my wife soon." Say what.... I force myself out of Stefano's grip and he reluctantly slack his arms. I step away from him and looked into his face. "We talked about this Stefano, I might carry your child, but I'll never tie myself to a man that won't settle down."

Stefano ignored me flat out and looked at Diablo and Filleppi. "I'm sorry, but Mona is in denial at the moment, but we will be married before our baby is born." He then turns to me and gave me a warning look.

A/N:
Hallo to all my readers. Hope you like the book so far. Please don't forget to vote.